Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond x300N Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond x300N
Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $105gbp
Description: Dual band 2m/70cm vhf/uhf colinear antenna.
3.1m high, N connector, 2m-6.5db/70cm-9db.

You can write your own review of the Diamond x300N.

OE5BFM Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2017 10:54 Send this review to a friend
Efficient and unproblematic antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is my second Diamond X300. One is on the roof and one on a small tower. Both produce good signals in TX and RX without any problems. The SWR on 2m is fine, 1:1,1 at 145Mc and 1:1,2 at 144Mc and 146Mc. I have no possiblity to measure the SWR at 70cm but the X300 is working here also fine.

The mounting of this antenna is very easy too. Just pull out the wire of the upper segment (not of the lower segment!) to reach the connector and follow the instructions.

PA3MET Rating: 5/5 Jan 12, 2014 07:17 Send this review to a friend
easy, good antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
replaced two dual stacked 5/8 antennas for 2 and 70; This one is a bit larger and works equally well on 2m and much bettrer on 70.

Putting the parts together takes 10 minutes; got it in the pole in another 10 minutes.

Sturdy constructed, lighweight and can handle the gusts we have now and then. SWR is good as well.

Given the price (EUR89) -- a good buy. You can get them even slightly cheaper but then s/h is also to be added. Now I just kumped into the car, 10 minutes, get ant, and back. So within 60 minutes a new high performance antenna.

5/5

M6STZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2013 08:57 Send this review to a friend
Best Antenna for the money  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I only operate QRP on HF/VHF/UHF
I bought this antenna because for months all manner of dual and triband colinear antennas had failed to impress me, the first day we had it up we had gusts in excess of 60 mph this antenna took a licking and kept on txing with previous antenna's the maximum amount of repeaters I could open was 4-5 at about 20 miles now its easy opens 9-10 at 20-40 miles and all on 10 watts.

Good DX all 73's remember the most important formula in amatuer radio is (GD ANT + QRP - RFI) = GDX

KF7VXA Rating: 2/5 Jun 14, 2013 18:57 Send this review to a friend
Follow up  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I wrote the first review on this antenna. Please read my first review, then read this one.

OPEK sent me the parts to fix the OPEK antenna which I had dropped for free. I fixed the antenna and right before replacing the Diamond antenna with the OPEK, I noticed the SWR on the UHF band on the Diamond had gone up to almost 2 to 1 on my usual repeater, it had been about 1.3 to 1.

After taking the Diamond antenna down, I noticed the top fiberglass part wiggeling. I had taped the joint well and removed the tape. The fiberglass had broken free from the metal screw on piece that holds the top portion of the antenna on.
I suppose water got into the antenna, which would be why my SWR went up.
We had one bad wind day with a max. gust of 65 MPH. The antenna should have taken that amount of wind without breaking, especially when well taped. I have had 60 MPH wind with the OPEK with no problems, although it did bend more because it's taller.
I put the OPEK back up and have got the range I lost with the Dimond back with low SWR across the bands.
For $30.00 less you can get the OPEK. I think you pay for the Diamond name.

No doubt, some will be happy with the Diamond, and if you bought one, I hope you are. For less money you can get a better off brand that talks far further than the diamond. Just my opinion, but I will not be buying another Diamond antenna.

M0TXP Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 2012 18:37 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought this antenna after looking at other options
Put it on a 10 foot alloy pole on the chimney stack and fed it with top quality coax (aircell 7)
I am hitting repeaters miles away and giving excellent signals to every one with a paltry 10w.
Very lightweight antenna and well made, make sure you read the instructions properly even though they are not the best instructions i have come across.
Just buy one put it up as high as you can feed it with the best coax you can afford and you wont regret it
The N version is best for uk hams as the vswr covers the 2 bands nicely plus the N socket is better for uhf than pl259
Would buy another one if i had to
Paddy (M6TXP)