Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | IAC Inverted-L Bazooka Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for IAC Inverted-L Bazooka Antenna
IAC Inverted-L Bazooka Antenna Reviews: 8 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $80-125
Description: Coaxial cable and twin lead construction Bazooka antenna to be installed in an inverted L configuration. Antenna only. No ground plane or radials. Available in 40m, 80m and 160m versions.
More info: http://iacantennas.com

You can write your own review of the IAC Inverted-L Bazooka Antenna .

N7GCO Rating: 5/5 Nov 2, 2017 23:54 Send this review to a friend
OUTSTANDING Product and Service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have an IAC 160 meter Inverted L antenna. Put it up last week and had good success with it in the CQ WW DX contest last weekend. The workmanship is superb. The customer service is phenomenal. My antenna goes 60' up my tower, then horizontal over to a tree. I presently have 12 radials under it and will add more in the spring. I had a problem with my setup and David of IAC helped me figure it out. Could not have asked for anything more. I highly recommend IAC antennas! You will not be dissapointed.

KK6YO Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2017 17:30 Send this review to a friend
KK6YO - UPDATE SHORTY 40  Time owned: more than 12 months
WOW;
I have been running the IAC shorty 40 double bazooka antenna for over a year. Updated equipment is Icom 7300 - Heathkit SB-200 - LDG 1000Pro2 Tuner. The Antenna is mounted on a tripod with those Military 4 foot poles you get on Ebay. Total height above ground is about 40 feet. I live in Torrance California (12 miles south of LAX) Now to the best part. This little antenna (Tuned to about 20 feet per leg) Works like a dream. Australia, Japan, South Africa when the band is long works fantastic. The workmanship is second to none and the guys at the factory are ready to help at a moments notice. BUY AMERICAN Bottom line. Small space - this antenna is for you. Drop by any morning and say hi to the 7155 group on 7.155
This antenna is worth every nickel. 73 Jerry KK6YO.PS - Very quiet quiet antenna. NVIS a big thumbs up :-)

AC9HB Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2017 13:22 Send this review to a friend
IAC Inverted L Top Shelf  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got my IAC Inverted L Bazooka on the air last weekend. First the construction of the antenna is the best in the industry bar none. The antenna covers the entire 160 meter band with an swr of 1.5 at 1.8 and flat from 1.9 to 2.0. I live on a lot without trees so erecting a 160 meter antenna has been a challenge with IAC design I have been able to get on the air. The service from Dave at IAC is impeccable, Dave is one of the most knowledgeable antenna guys I have ever talked to. I had a bad relay on my remote switch Dave diagnosed the problem over the phone in less than a minute. If you are looking to get on 160 meters look no further buy the IAC Inverted L you wont be sorry.

N3CRS Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2016 07:05 Send this review to a friend
Awesome Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own several IAC antennas. They are all great performers and the Inverted L is no exception. I use one on 160 meters. The directions are very clear and it is very easy to set up and get going. Considering that 160 meter antennas are typically long, the IAC is a very forgiving antenna regarding length vertically verses how much is horizontal. I live in a semi restricted development and all of my antennas are in the woods supported by trees so I don't have the perfect situation but the antenna performs very well. I put out a booming signal with my Yaesu FT-2000 and Alpha 9500 amp into this antenna. As an added bonus, with a tuner it does a great job on 17 meters as well. The people at IAC are awesome to deal with. I highly recommend this antenna to anyone.

W3FW Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2016 10:28 Send this review to a friend
160 & 80 meter Double Bazookas  Time owned: more than 12 months
EXCEEDS ALL OF MY EXPECTATIONS!!!!

N6RW Rating: 5/5 Mar 4, 2015 12:37 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna and awesome support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The IAC 160 meter Double Bazooka Inverted L performance exceeded my expectations. In the current installation, the SWR is 1.6:1 at the band edges and dips to 1.3:1 in the middle of the band. With the vertical polarization, it does very well in DX pileups and yet receives very well. The construction is definitely MIL Standard quality. It is built to withstand harsh environments. I rate the antenna a 5 out of 5 for performance and construction. I rate IAC support at 10 out of 5.

I recently put up a 70 foot tower here in Prescott, AZ and put a SteppIR DB-36 with the 80 and 6 meter options on top. I looked at a lot of options for a 160 meter antenna and decided to try the IAC Double Bazooka Inverted L. I ran the vertical section about three feet out from the tower and ran the "horizontal" section to the top of a nearby tree. The tree was not high enough, so the "horizontal" section was actually around 45 degrees from horizontal. The lowest resonant frequency was 2.0 MHz, but I was able to work K1N in Navassa on CW, with reduced power second call. That night I sent David at IAC an email, telling him my problem and the next morning he sent me a longer antenna at no charge. I put it up and was amazed at how much DX I could work on 160. The first morning, I worked VR2XAN in Hong Kong. I never thought I would be able to work Europe from the west, but was able to work European DX at their sunrise with ease. In the 2015 ARRL CW DX contest, I spent a few hours on 160 and worked 19 countries and all continents. I even got an SWL card from Lithuania for a QSO with a VP5. I have launched a line over a taller tree that is farther out from the tower and am looking forward to seeing how the inverted L works with the flatter "horizontal" section.

K3BHX Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2015 09:28 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After trying the Inverted L Bazooka in this weekendís 160 meter contest, I have to say it is an absolutely phenomenal antenna.

I installed the L temporarily from a pulley 55í up in a beech tree just 15 feet from our home. The horizontal part of the L droops to 10 feet off the ground where it is attached to my tower. I started with just 4 radials, cut to 100 feet and spread out over the half circle not covered by the house. Not an optimal installation. But the results were just fantastic!!

I only operated a few hours, but made contacts in Europe, the Cayman Islands and Canada, west to Colorado, and repeatedly strong into Texas, the side where my house is, (I didnít hear anything from the West Coast), almost enitrely on the first call. I only remember having to repeat my call 3 times in several hours of operating. I was able to run rates of at least 60 Qs/hr for more than 2 hours.The SWR was less than 1.7 over almost the entire band. My amp didnít hiccup even once. Neither the rain nor snow affected the tuning.

I had planned to move the antenna to a tree further from the house and lay down at least 20 radials come Spring. But I am not sure I want to touch it, given the performance where it is.

KN2M Rating: 5/5 Dec 25, 2012 04:08 Send this review to a friend
160m antenna works very well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After much success with the 80m version, I put up a 160m antenna with the FCP (folded counterpoise) system. I had a very nice discussion with the manufacturer about then antenna when I realized, unlike the 80m version, it tuned too short for my installation. The solution was to add about 15' on the twin lead end to find resonance in the CW portion of the band. IAC even offered to send me the additional wire to accomplish the desired effect. That was unexpected and excellent customer service. The result is that the antenna tunes, without a tuner, from about 1805 to 1845 at 1.5:1 VSWR. My amplifier loves it. The L portion is about 50' up into a tree and the overall length, with the extra twin lead is now around 150' long. This is a simple solution to getting on top band with a great antenna system. I worked about 10 DX stations the other night and quite simply if I can hear them, I can work them. I have even worked EU stations barefoot. Nothing beats a tuned radial system under this type of antenna, but the FCP concept combined with this antenna is really convenient and a wonderful performer. I rate it a 5 because of the prompt and excellent customer service along with the operational results.