Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Adventure Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Adventure
Begali Adventure Reviews: 10 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $340
Description: High-precision magnetic dual lever paddle with mounting brackets for several portable radios and a desktop base for stationary use. Made from stainless steel with lightweight arms, gold plated components and solid gold contacts, this is the ultimate paddle of its kind. The magnetic tension and the contact spacing are finely adjustable, and the mounting brackets allow swiveling the key for right-handed or left-handed operation.
More info: http://www.i2rtf.com

You can write your own review of the Begali Adventure.

VE7LE Rating: 5/5 Dec 9, 2014 06:31 Send this review to a friend
Beautiful  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I knew before I got my Adventure that I was going to love it because of my experience with my other Begali keys. I have a heavy hand and most of the keys I use move around when I send CW except for my Begali keys. I can really appreciate this quality of this key. A real pleasure to own. I have it mounted to the KX3 where it will remain. Now the both of them will follow me wherever I go.

W0FK Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2014 17:25 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased the Adventure at Dayton last year to pair with my KX3. Piero insisted I purchase the magnetic base as well, although I saw no use for it as I use a Magnum or a Sculpture Mono at home. But who am I to argue with the Master?

Fast forward to March 2014 and a trip to Florida on NA-034 to escape a crappy winter. I decided to take my K3 instead of the KX3 this year, and grabbed the Adventure with magnetic base to keep the traveling weight down.

What a great combo! The magnetic base clamps down on the cover of my PowerWerx power supply like a 50# weight, and the smooth as butter Adventure key just clicks out the dahs and dits with no effort.

Another cutting edge winner from Piero's brilliant creative mind.

WC3O Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2013 13:00 Send this review to a friend
Perfect  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Every year our club raffles off a Begali key. This year it will be the Begali Adventure. I received the key the other day and have been having big fun working the bands with it. We ordered it with the optional base and the KX3 bracket. It seems like everyone and their grandmother has a KX3 these days. The paddle is very easy to adjust. You get a big key feel out of a paddle that is VERY light. Even the base is very light but with four nice magnets machined into the bottom you can plunk it down on any radio cabinet or steel surface and it goes no-where! We let the boyz at the club play with it the other night, now they want one. A lot of attention to detail and design went in to this little gem. Thank you again Piero and Bruna for another FB piece of CW art! CU on the radio!

W2TAC Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2013 05:27 Send this review to a friend
CW Nirvana  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My starting pitcher for home games is my Begali Sculpture. My relief pitcher is my Begali Blade. And now, my starter for away games is the Begali Adventure.

The Adventure sports all the characteristics that have made Begali the ultimate in keys and paddles. The Adventure is superbly engineered and exhibits creativity, precision machining, and lightweight aircraft aluminum alloy material. Several components are gold plated and the contacts are solid gold. The key uses magnets to create the return force.

Is it expensive? Yes. However, we hams find ways to rationalize our splurges. In my case, I own one and only one transceiver. I want it to be world class and do double duty as my home and portable rig, so it's the Elecraft KX3. For my antennas, I choose the simplicity and aesthetics of the dipole. And for keys and paddles, Begali brings me great pleasure. I admire them as Da Vinci-like works of art. I am in awe of their engineering. And operating with them adds to the magically relaxing CW experience.

Begali packaging and service is outstanding. You place an order via Pay Pal, the euro to dollar conversion appears, submit the order, receive a nice note from Bruna Begali (Piero’s daughter) on when it will ship via DHL express service, receive confirmation of shipping from Bruna requesting she be notified when it has arrived, receive a painstakingly designed package to ensure the keyer arrives from Italy in flawless condition, marvel at the engraved serial number and Begali coat of arms etched on the key, plug it in and experience CW nirvana.

I purchased the Adventure, the KX3 attachment, and the magnetic base. I intend to primarily use the Adventure attached to my KX3 when I operate in the field, so I may never use the magnetic base, but knowing its available, if needed, is a good feeling. See photos on my QRZ page (W2TAC).

K6USN Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2013 16:52 Send this review to a friend
Quality Paddle  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the Begali Adventure when I experienced
intermittant keying problems with the KX3's accessory paddle.

I ordered the Begali on line after reading the e Ham reviews and had the keyer in one week.
I ordered the optional magnetic base so I can use it with either my KX3 or my other HF radios.

Build quality is outstanding and using this paddle in combination with the KX3 is the ultimate in portable operation.

It's not inexpensive, but it sure is fun to use and should last a lifetime.

K6usn

N7RR Rating: 5/5 Apr 2, 2013 10:23 Send this review to a friend
Making an Adventure Less Adventuresome!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The dual-lever Adventure is beautifully engineered. The mechanism is simpler than for the single-lever Adventure Mono, making it easier to adjust both magnetic return force and contact spacing on the fly, even during a QSO. The paddles can be rotated left or right and anchored down solidly. Both paddles set a whole new standard for portable keying. Even though the paddles are tiny, their fingerpieces are large enough to use with a gloved hand. The optional Adventure Magnetic Base makes either paddle work on a desktop as well as attached to the KX3, KX1 and FT-817 with special brackets. If you want to buy only one paddle for both home and portable use, either the Adventure or Adventure Mono will do both jobs superbly. Two rear machining holes in the Adventure Magnetic Base make it possible to cinch it onto any piece of backpacking gear or onto a picnic table. EA2CTB sells fine acrylic dust covers for these paddles for 35 euros including shipping. Find Ignacio's email address on the Accessories page of the Begali website, PayPal payments to Ignacio may be made via that same email address. You may wish to add a couple of euros to Ignacio to cover PayPal fees.

N2DE Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2013 01:56 Send this review to a friend
7P8US Adventure  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Last month, on a "vest pocket" DX expedition to Lesotho, I used an Elecraft KX3 with the Begali Adventure. Since I was the only operator I also had a Begali CW Machine to do my logging. By the time I arrived in Roma, the equipment had traveled more that 2000km by car through South Africa with many hours on teeth rattling dirt roads. When 7P8US was set up the Adventure paddle did not even need re-adjustment. It performed flawlessly for the 3 days that I was active, running 40 QSO's per hour on average with less than spectacular propagation conditions. The paddle works with clockwork precision, never missing a beat, letting you produce CW without ever thinking about it. Back home, with the desktop base, this paddle is a serious contender for desktop space in a much more comfortable environment. This is one great paddle, and it will be in my bag whenever I travel.

W7BV Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2012 23:49 Send this review to a friend
Excellant mini paddle for KX3 and KX1  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My Begali Adventure Key, mounting bracket for the KX3 and the desktop base arrived well packed within a week after ordering. After using the key for several hours both attached to my KX3 as well as mounted separately on the desktop base, I can report that I am extremely pleased with the Adventure. It is beautifully made, smooth to operate, and easy to adjust. The mounting bracket attaches flawlessly to the the KX3 with two thumb screws; an integrated 12" cable plugs into the key jack. This arrangement allows the paddle to be mounted separatly on a small desktop base. Both arrangements work well. Congratulations to the Begali's for the production of another superb product! I look forward to receiving the mounting bracket for the KX1 in January.

W7BV Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2012 15:44 Send this review to a friend
Excellant mini paddle for KX3 and KX1  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have just received a Begali Adventure Key, mounting bracket for the KX3 and the desktop base. I now have used it for a few hours both attached to my KX3 as well as attached to its separate desktop base. I am very pleased with the new key as I am with all of the Begali keys that I own. It is of outstanding quality, is easy to adjust, and funcions beautifully with my KX3. Congratulations to the Begali's for the production of another superb product! I look forward to receiving the mounting bracket for my KX1 in January.

BWOETTKE Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2012 06:36 Send this review to a friend
The Ultimate  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was fortunate to get my hands on an early prototype of the Adventure, both, the single-lever and the dual-lever models, and I was blown away then. Now that the actual production models are available it is hard to find the superlative words that they deserve. I cannot imagine a better key for portable use, and with the magnetic desktop base they are even a strong contender for stationary top honors. Stainless steel, gold plated components, solid gold contacts, and ingenious solutions for a number of challenges that this type of key poses, are combined in an instrument of clockwork precision and beauty that will be a permanent fixture for my KX3.