Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Adventure Mono Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Adventure Mono
Begali Adventure Mono Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $350
Description: High-precision magnetic single lever paddle with mounting brackets for several portable radios and a desktop base for stationary use. Made from stainless steel with lightweight arms, gold plated components and solid gold contacts, this is the ultimate paddle of its kind. The magnetic tension and the contact spacing are finely adjustable, and the mounting brackets allow swiveling the key for right-handed or left-handed operation.
More info: http://www.i2rtf.com

You can write your own review of the Begali Adventure Mono.

K0FTC Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2013 18:07 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the Adventure Mono, the desk base, and both the FT-817 and KX3 mounts. They are wonderfully made and I've always thought Begali's craftsmanship results in a mechanical work of art and this key is no exception. It is hard to verbally explain the fine miniature structures, or how they come together is such a nice little package. Visit Begali web site for some great pictures. I needed to wait a bit for the FT-817 mount so have used the desk base now for a while with my KX3. It is smooth as silk and performs as well or better then other single lever paddles I own. I also tried setting the KX3 to "Hand" key mode and I can then use either side for sending as a SK, I tried my index finger on one side and my thumb on the other - I found using my thumb to send CW actually worked very well. So in /p you would really only need the Mono for either keyer or SK mode sending. I received both the 817 and KX3 mount today, which are well made. Installed the KX3 mount, and with the Nifty KX3 holder Elecraft sells as an accessory for the KX3, the radio sits slanted toward me for easy viewing and control, while the Begali Adventure Mono rides underneath with paddles oriented for perfectly situated use.

N7RR Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2013 16:26 Send this review to a friend
A New Era in Portable Paddles  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I expected the tiny Adventure Mono to be good. I didn't expect it to compete with Begali's own best paddles. With this and its Adventure sibling, we can now carry a beautifully-engineered paddle to a SOTA summit. By adding the optional Adventure Magnetic Base, this paddle can sit comfortably and honorably in the finest home stations as well as in backpacks. Return-force adjustment is a breeze with a single accessible finger-screw. Since the Adventure Mono is more complex than the Adventure, contact-space adjustment requires both a twist of the gold-plated vertical stanchion and also tweaking of two stainless-steel side screws, for which a fingernail twist does fine. In spite of the small overall size of the whole paddle, the non-metallic fingerpieces are large enough to be paddled in winter wearing mittens. How can Pietro Begali top this masterpiece? It's pricey, but definitely worth every euro.

WB2LQF Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2012 12:33 Send this review to a friend
ne plus ultra !!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I, too, had the opportunity to 'test drive' the Adventure Mono prototype for several days. At that time I could not imagine how it could be improved. Today, I received my production Adventure Mono. In its final form it is indescribably beautiful! The paddle feels wonderful. The fingerpieces are very, very comfortable with great spacing and the height above the table when using the desk mount is perfect. The combination of colors and tones among the black, stainless, and gold parts are extremely appealing. The range of adjustment is seemingly infinite. Attached to the KX3 and swiveled 45 degrees to the right, the Adventure Mono is in exactly the right position to provide comfortable operating. It's nice to be able to have the KX3 sitting *straight* with the paddle tilted vs. having to place the whole KX3 at an angle in order to operate the KXPD3 paddle. The desk mount is finished in a very classy matte black. It's very easy to transfer the Adventure Mono between KX3 mount and desk mount. The desk mount turns the paddle into a real sweet "can do it all" product which I can use with any and all of my radios. Serious paddle whackers might want to run out to Home Depot and buy a nice piece of steel. Prime it, paint it flat black, glue some non-skid shelf liner on the bottom to protect your desk and let the magnetic desk mount grab it. You won't have any trouble with a "walking paddle." I've run out of superlatives at this point, so lest I babble on, let me just say that Piero Begali has once again raised the bar.

BWOETTKE Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2012 06:50 Send this review to a friend
Single Lever Top Dog  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was fortunate enough to get my hands on early prototypes of both, the single lever and the dual lever versions of the Adventure, and I was blown away then. The production versions of these keys have taken it one notch further, hard as that was to imagine. Made from stainless steel, gold plated components, using solid gold contacts, no corners were cut. The ingenious mechanism with three interacting levers provides a clearly defined center position, and the contact spacing and magnetic tension are finely adjustable. Although the dual-lever version is the primary weapon of choice for my KX3, this key might yet convert me to single lever operation.