Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | JETSTREAM JT776SMA Help

Reviews Summary for JETSTREAM JT776SMA
Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $19.99
Description: TRI BAND 144,220,440 SMA HT antenna
More info: http://www.jetstream-usa.com/jt776sma.shtml

You can write your own review of the JETSTREAM JT776SMA.

WC3T Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2016 11:51 Send this review to a friend
Great replacement for stock  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this antenna from CheapHam and was immediately impressed with the coverage. I have about 30 local repeaters programmed in my TH-F6A but never heard more than about 5 local ones as I let it sit on my desk doing memory scans. However, as soon as I screwed in the Jetstream, it started to pick up probably double the number of repeaters that the stock rubber duck does. Subjective but still impressive. For the price (about half that of competing gain tribander HT antennas) it's a good value.

KB2HSH Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2013 09:51 Send this review to a friend
Perfect companion to the UV-3R  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought this whip from RWAntennas at the Lancaster Hamfest. For about $20, I got a triple band antenna (144/220/440) that interfaces perfectly with the UV-3R without the need of an adaptor. AND...since my particular UV-3R was flashed so that I can use it on 220 MHz...making this antenna even better of a fit.

It provides excellent gain on 440 making it a no-brainer for use on the SO-50 satellite. Overhead passes are best with this antenna. Solid full-quiet signals with this whip.

Terrestrially, it is an excellent antenna especially if you are in an area where you have difficulty reaching the repeater with the stock rubber duck.

It's a bit on the long side, but flexible enough that it's a small price to pay.

Worth every penny.

W8WDS Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2013 04:42 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna great price  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Purchased this gem of a antenna from R and L Electronics. In my opinion it has double the gain of the stock antenna. It is a long antenna but is flexible enough that it rides well on your belt with out poking you in the side. The wide receive works very well with the TH-F6A's features I would purchase this again no questions asked. It was nice that R and L electronics took it out of package and let me try it out. I was sold as soon as it hit the Radio..

W4KVW Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2012 07:32 Send this review to a friend
GREAT Product! }:>)  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I use this antenna with an adapter for my BAOFENG UV-5R & it does a GREAT job.I don't need the 220 band but for the $10 I paid for it NEW from a friend who WON it at a Hamfest as a door prize it was a steal.Works much better than the $10 I paid for it & better than the original rubber duck that came with the BAOFENG as well.I would for sure purchase another one if it were needed even at the regular price!I have NOT found any items sold under the JETSTREAM brand that I did NOT like. Don't know who makes their products but they are doing a GREAT job so I hope they continue doing so.Sturdy construction & doing what it was designed to do at a GREAT price.More companies should try & follow their lead in today ham radio market.Maybe they will make a newer version as well that does NOT require the adapter though it is NOT a BIG issue & the adapter was CHEAP. {:>)