Reviews Categories | Microphone Equalizers & Transmit Audio Accessories | Heil HB-1 Boom Help

Reviews Summary for Heil HB-1 Boom
Heil HB-1 Boom Reviews: 10 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $70.00
Description: Boom
More info: http://www.heilsound.com

You can write your own review of the Heil HB-1 Boom.

N4KZ Rating: 5/5 Aug 8, 2016 07:24 Send this review to a friend
It's the way to go  Time owned: more than 12 months
In my 48 years of ham radio, I've tried everything from hand mics to desk mics, boom headsets and finally the Heil mic boom. The boom is the way to go with a Heil mic. I use a foot switch for PTT and that leaves the hands free to log on the computer. For me, it's the best possible solution.

WM4RB Rating: 5/5 Aug 8, 2016 06:19 Send this review to a friend
Great addition to my shack  Time owned: more than 12 months
A must have in the shack.

AB3MO Rating: 5/5 Aug 8, 2016 05:44 Send this review to a friend
Very Helpful!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Another significant component of "Heil Systems". A great help when running a net and used with vox or a foot switch. Keeps the desktop clear or available for a greater variety of uses.

KA4KOE Rating: 4/5 Aug 8, 2016 05:22 Send this review to a friend
Adequate  Time owned: more than 12 months
You really have to torque down the hardware screws on this thing if you plan on supporting a REAL microphone, such as an Electrovoice 20, 27, or 320. Otherwise, the boom just droops towards the floor. Aside from that, the boom does the job.

VE7REN Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2016 17:47 Send this review to a friend
excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
been using 2 of these babies for 5 yrs.. perfect and never a problem.. hands free operation..get one!!!

WO8USA Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2016 16:29 Send this review to a friend
FANTASTIC  Time owned: more than 12 months
A few years ago I thought I'd give it a try since I needed a Christmas idea, something maybe to get.....I now use it every day. Cannot beat it for convenience, VOX or manual. Heavy duty and balanced. You will not look back. I never knew what I was missing until I got it. de Chris WO8USA

W5CSM Rating: 5/5 Aug 5, 2016 09:51 Send this review to a friend
Superior Convenience  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Why did I not do this years ago? I mounted a Heil iCM on the HB-1. Everything fit perfectly. All of the factory torques on every hinge joint were excellent.

Know that if you mount a iCM microphone (possibly others) on this boom and you want to route the cable into the designed channel (highly recommend), that you will need to open the microphone and de-solder the connections in order to route the cable as a pig-tail.

The routing channel on the HB-1 snugly yet positively accommodates the 'Heil Wire' cable. Once you get the routing complete, there is no slippage, yet, the feeding of the cable through the channel is not too painful.

I am very pleased with this product, its design, and quality. Well Done Heil!

AB9QU Rating: 5/5 Aug 8, 2015 21:34 Send this review to a friend
Like it  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This has made my operating much more comfortable. I can put the mic where I want it instead of bending over to use a standard desk mic. It was well worth every penny to me.

W4DXL Rating: 5/5 Jan 8, 2015 07:26 Send this review to a friend
Very sturdy construction  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was pleasantly surprised when I unboxed the HB-1 it's very strong the springs are big enough to do the job but are not large and sloppy as some of the other mic booms I have used. I worked in broadcasting for many years and I think this boom is a big improvement from the ones I used at radio stations.

K5WRK Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2012 23:44 Send this review to a friend
GREAT PRODUCT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
GET ONE,NO MIC BASE CLUTTERING DESK,JUST C-CLAMP TO EDGE OF DESK,BOOM MOVES VERTICAL AND HORIZONTAL LOOKS & WORKS VERY NICE.