Reviews Categories | QRP Radios (5 watts or less) | CRKITS CRK-10 Help

Reviews Summary for CRKITS CRK-10
CRKITS CRK-10 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$55(kit), $65(assembled)
Description: A tiny 40m CW transceiver kit designed by BD4RG. 3 watts
output. Built-in keyer. Multiple frequency options.
More info: http://www.crkits.com

You can write your own review of the CRKITS CRK-10.

IZ5QRH Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2015 13:29 Send this review to a friend
easy to build, fantastic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I can say that it works very well. No difficult to build, I did it in 6 ours. In few ours I had QSO's with half europe in 7.030.
GREAT with a dipole antenna.
I need the second in 30 meters.
Very quick shipment and all parts was inside.

HZ1SK Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2013 04:48 Send this review to a friend
Superb QRP transceiver  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this kit from www.crkits.com and I got after almost 10 days. The kit quality is really Excellent, no missing parts... Clear instructions.
It took me almost one hour to build it, the enclosure is very nice as well.
I applied power,tuned the RX freq. to match the TX freq, I programmed the built in keyer for my callsign and stared to call CQ.
I had a big pile up in about 10 minutes of operation on 40m. I am having lot of fun making QSO's with that little rig.
I have written a review and added pictures on Laselki.net
Best 73,
Samir
HZ1SK , OD5SK , KC5RYL

KB2HSH Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2013 08:12 Send this review to a friend
Excellent little radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased my CRK-10 directly from Adam at crkits.com on Thanksgiving week. It arrived about 19 days later. I purchased the fully assembled version, since lately it has been a bit hectic at home. The CRK-10 is the Chinese version of the Rockmite known as the "Octopus" in China. I have NO IDEA why they call it that, but what I can tell you is that even for a rockbound transceiver, it is a great little radio. It puts out just over 3 watts, and has a built-in keyer. In fact, the keyer is the same keyer that is used in the HB-1A and HB-1B. The best feature of this keyer is the Auto CQ mode. A brief press of the switch on the front panel, and the CRK-10 will call CQ for you. Great little feature.

Since I've had it, I have been filling my log up again. Too bad they don't have a version for 80 or 20 meters!