New to Ham Radio?
DX Cluster Spots
eHam Help (FAQ)
Support the site
The eHam Team
write your own review of the Ramsey QAMP-30.
Jan 9, 2013 18:03
Send this review to a friend
Poor Kit as supplied !!
Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The kit as purchased is NOT operational. If you get it to work, it was a complete ACCIDENT....
When you power it up, the first thing that will happen is the finals will EXPLODE and it only gets worse from there.
Things you NEED to do to make this amp operational are:
1. Change Q1,Q2 toi IRF530N Mosfets
2. Add 10-ohm 1/2w resisters in series to the Gates of Q1,Q2.
3. Replace C1 with 220uf at 35v
4. Replace R8,R9 with 220-ohm at 1w
5. Replace C9 with .0047 Disc Ceramic
6. ADD 47uf-10v Electrolytic from Q5 base to GND
7. Set BIAS to 3vdc at TP-1
8. Remove JP1 and replace with 5-amp fuse.
9. Replace C11,C12 with .001-500v Disc Ceramic.
After these changes were made, the the amp is very stable, operates very COOL and with TWO WATTS in, I get a clean 40-Watts OUT....
In summary, about all you have from the original kit is the circuit board.....
RAMSEY, you should be ASHAMED of yourself to put such a piece of Junk on the market !!
If you have any questions, problems, or suggestions about Reviews,
please email your Reviews Manager.