Reviews Categories | Tools & Test Equipment for the amateur radio work bench | Hewlett-Packard (HP) 8656B RF Signal Generator Help

Reviews Summary for Hewlett-Packard (HP) 8656B RF Signal Generator
Hewlett-Packard (HP) 8656B RF Signal Generator Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Synthesized RF signal generator circa 1993. Covers 100khz-990mhz with AM & FM modulation. Features internal 400hz and 1000hz tone generators as well as external modulation inputs. Direct keyboard input of frequency and amplitude.

You can write your own review of the Hewlett-Packard (HP) 8656B RF Signal Generator.

N4UE Rating: 5/5 May 6, 2016 12:37 Send this review to a friend
Another Excellent HP product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I prefer HP signal generators over others. I recently purchased this generator from Alltest Instruments. You can see my comments in the "Companies" Forum. An absolutely awesome company (I have ZERO association with them).

My 8640B is down with many of the common problems that model has. I would purchase another, except for the fragility of some of it's parts at this point in it's life cycle. I'll never forget sliding the FM switch and having it come off in my hand. I have a new control, but it's a major repair.

The 8657B was just a wee bit beyond my budget and I don't need 2 GHz. There are a LOT of these units for sale and the condition and price are all over the map.
The 'best' thing about this model is there are NO switches or controls to break! Yes, there are buttons......
The signal is plenty pure enough for my needs, the display is awesome, and it just flat works great. The unit I purchased was totally tested and cleaned. I'm pretty picky but this unit was like brand new.

have fun

ron
N4UE

K7LZR Rating: 5/5 Jan 12, 2013 12:05 Send this review to a friend
Great Signal Generator!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
These units are great for both the hobbyist and professional work bench. They cover from 100khz to 990mhz and have all of the features one needs - AM/FM modulation, Internal 400hz/1000hz tones, external modulation input, and accurate output levels. These units can often be found used at very good prices.