Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | Great Lakes Antennas All-Banders Help

Reviews Summary for Great Lakes Antennas All-Banders
Great Lakes Antennas All-Banders Reviews: 12 Average rating: 3.8/5 MSRP: $Uncertain, but ~$90.. plus or mi
Description: All-band coils for portable/mobile antennas.

You can write your own review of the Great Lakes Antennas All-Banders.

KD8RSK Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2013 08:05 Send this review to a friend
Great product at a Great price  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased this antenna because of it's multi-band coverage 10m - 80m. It has proved to be everything it was advertised to be. After some minor adjustments in the length of the whip length to obtain a reasonable swr reading on 10m, I found that on all the other bands the swr was between 1:3 and 1:5. This is great! The coil is simple to change bands just by moving a jumper wire. If I was to buy another mobile antenna for HF bands it would be this one from Great Lakes Antennas. Great job Dan.

K7FF Rating: 0/5 Jan 14, 2013 13:01 Send this review to a friend
Totally unsatisfactory.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought nine (9) new HF All-Bander portable/mobile antennas from Great Lakes Antennas to replace the SuperAntennas MP-1 coil assemblies in my portable and mobile arrays. One was the 12.5" 80-10M version, and the other eight were the 8" 40-10M versions. I was hoping to find a viable alternative to the SuperAntennas MP-1.

After extensive tests in every configuration I could think of, using one, two, three, and four of the AllBander coils, I was unable to find any way to get the AllBanders to give useable standing wave ratios (SWR).

I purchased eight new SuperSliders from NewSuperAntennas and had instant success (see my review of the MP-1 SuperSlider in a separate review of even date).

I will be looking for other reviews of the AllBander coils in eHam Reviews.