Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | OLD HAM DAVE Help

Reviews Summary for OLD HAM DAVE
Reviews: 12 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $varies by service
Description: Old Ham Dave is David Lyndon, professional electrical engineer and extra class amateur AK4AA, well-qualified to repair, align, and refurbish amateur radio equipment using laboratory quality test equipment. Dave's specialty is the Kenwood series of "hybrid" transceivers, the TS-520 through TS-830S. He also services most solid state Kenwood transceivers and other amateur equipment for which documentation is available.
Repair, Alignment,Refinishing, FUll Service

More info: http://www.oldhamdave.com/

You can write your own review of the OLD HAM DAVE.

KA4AQM Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2013 11:10 Send this review to a friend
Well satisfied!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I brought Dave my TS-830S (roundtrip by car fom Norfolk VA to Asheville NC in 1 day). He looked at it and brought it to specs and recorded what adjustments were made. Rather than shpping, I made another 1 day round trip to pick it up. He is well versed, trained and I was very happy with is work...highly recommend. I you have Kenwood hybris, this is the guy to take it to!

W5RHR Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2013 05:35 Send this review to a friend
first class service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a TS820S from an estate sale and thought I could ressurect it, but there were too many things wrong with it to tackle myself.

I found Davids website from a Google search, contacted him and he agreed to look at my radio.

Dave kept me up to date on the progress of my repairs, gave assessments, documented the repairs, the parts replaced, the alignment, and the test results on performance.

He responds to emails and usually answers the phone when I called.

You pay shipping both ways, and he puts your radio in a "que", he had a backlog so it took a while, but I wa snot in a hurry so that was fine.

The old girl looks good as new, and works FB just like it first came from the factory. Dave did a wonderful job on the repair, alignment, and cosmetic restoration.
I am very pleased with his work and worth the money I paid.