Reviews Categories | Ham radio kits | Digital SWR meter kit Help

Reviews Summary for Digital SWR meter kit
Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $£38
Description: PIC based Digital SWR meter kit
More info: http://www.radio-kits.co.uk/swr_meter/index.htm

You can write your own review of the Digital SWR meter kit.

CT1BWW Rating: 5/5 Jul 7, 2014 06:13 Send this review to a friend
SUPER! SWR METER!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi,
This is a SUPER SWR METYER. Very Good instructions , No Dificulties. In case of a doubt you can ask and you will get a answer.
This is Great PIECE QRP EQUIPMENT,
I'm very satisfied and happy. I built my own enclosure.
You will never be disapointed and
I'm sure you will be happy
73s frm Marq ct1bww

AD6KA Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2013 16:31 Send this review to a friend
A MUST for QRP'ers!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This kit is offered by Radio-Kits.UK, the same outfit that mrkets the outstanding MKARS80, an 80m QRP SSB transceiver kit that is an amazing performer in it's own right.

This PIC/LCD PWR/SWR meter kit, parts, PC boards, and instructions, and builder support are of the very highest caliber. As good as Elecraft or better.

The toroid transformer/detection board is seperate from the PIC Chip & LCD board to avoid any RF interference. It is easy to calibrate, **very** accurate, and the LCD display can be setup several different ways with the ease of four simple button: to show SWR or PWR simulaneously or seperately, and either in numerical values or "bar graph" mode, or a combinaion of same. You can even set it up to display the battery supply voltage.

While I have built the MKARS80 and am very pleased with it, I installed my RadioKits Digital PWR/SWR Meter into an enclosure with my BITX20A from Hendricks. It was very easy to remote the PIC board from the LCD Display, and also remote the four control buttons for the meter. It works perfectly with my BITX20A in an enclosure and I have received a number of great comments on it. Does a 12w monoband SSB kit rig really need an SWR/PWR meter? Perhaps not, but at this price and quality it is a very spiffy addition and has made MY BITX *REALLY* customized! ( I also ditched Hendrick's poor excuse for a frequency display and used one from Almos All Digital Electronics) Write me at my QRZ email and I'll send you a photo!) :)

The meter is also A GREAT VALUE of a kit and includes everything you need including a 16 X 2 LCD display. It is half the price of the Elecraft K1 and does SO MUCH MORE! Mine was supplied with a blue LCD display but you can very easily use another color 16 X 2 display, which are available everywhere on the Internet or in better retail electronics shops.

I built two other PIC Chip display Digital SWR/PWR Meters: The Elecraft W-1 and the HF version from Fox Delta. The RadioKits is superior to both. It is far more versatile than the Eecraft W-1, which ONLY shows "bar graph" mode SWR & PWR, and is difficult to mount in an enclosure. The Fox Delta unit is difficult to build as the instructions are *VERY POOR*, has few illustrations, and Builder Support is poor to non existent on FOX DELTA PRODUCTS.

I cannot say enough about the Radio-Kits.UK Digital SWR/PWR Meter. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, I am good at QRZ.
73, Ken AD6KA/5R8GQ

G4ARI Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2013 05:02 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Device at an Amazing Price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was looking for a power /SWR meter to build into a 4 metre transverter I was building, so I emailed Steve who said he could supply different ferrites for the detector head so this would work at VHF. I then emailed Steve back to say I wanted to go ahead, paid by bank transfer and the unit arrived two days later.

The instructions were excellent, but do make sure you download the very latest version. The PCBs are of the very highest quality, all the components fit the PCB, with no need to bend any component legs. The setup is easy and the device works exactly as advertised. Steve's attention to detail has to be admired, thereís even a case drilling template.

And the price is amazing for such a nice piece of test gear. I am so impressed that when I finish the transverter Iím thinking about ordering another one for general use.

G6UWK Rating: 5/5 Jan 20, 2013 10:03 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought the kit on-line posted next day arrived day after, email communication to let me know it was posted.

The kit has 2 circuit boards and a LCD display, nothing too small so easy to put together and well it just worked!

Calibration is a breeze with a calibration point on the board and well the meter can be configured to show SWR/Power/supply volts.

As I say the meter works fine and I would recommend if you like to make your test equipment.