Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | freqtester 2M Horizontal Loop Pair w/ Phasing Harness Help

Reviews Summary for freqtester 2M Horizontal Loop Pair w/ Phasing Harness
freqtester 2M Horizontal Loop Pair w/ Phasing Harness Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $134.95
Description: Pair of 2m horizontal loops with phasing harness
More info: http://www.freqtester.com

You can write your own review of the freqtester 2M Horizontal Loop Pair w/ Phasing Harness.

N2SLO Rating: 5/5 Sep 18, 2014 15:43 Send this review to a friend
222 MHZ Loop - Amazing  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I wanted to get up and running on 222mhz, but didn't want to rush with a big yagi since I need to move some antennas to accommodate future plans. I decided on the freqtester loop. I was shocked at how small the antennas is. I had it mounted on the top of my roof at 40 feet in 10 minutes, fed with LMR400. used it during the September VHF contest- with my recent additions: Yaesu 736R, and TE systems 250watt amp. I able to log 25 contacts, to my surprise worked everybody I could hear. The bang for the buck is incredible. Great antenna, excellent quality.

N9ABF Rating: 5/5 Sep 18, 2014 11:47 Send this review to a friend
Great omnidirectional loop antenna.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Loop antennas come pre-tuned and required NO tuning. Just connect the harness and loops as per instructions and space 68" apart. I used LMR 400 coax (I recommend if your run is longer than 50')and Coax Seal on the connectors and Tee after mounted and tested.

I was able to remove my single loop and install the new loops in just under an hour. The easiest install I have had in a long time.

Great reports from all of my local net members near Chicago. (Q5net.net Thursdays at 7pm)

W2WDX Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2013 10:22 Send this review to a friend
Great performance & excellent value!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
A few years ago I purchased a pair of 2m horizontal loops with the phasing harness from a seller on eBay. In the photos the construction seemed very good and the price for the pair with the pre-assembled phasing harness seemed like a good value.

Do a search on eBay for the seller "freqtester" where you will find these and other nice little VHF/UHF antennas. Dan is very responsive and very good at shipping and also building these fine little performers. He also has some yagi's as well now.

First, I have to say these loops in a phased pair have been the best performing 2m antennas I have used. The phased pair has a very narrow vertical pattern which reaches out to the horizon. And being horizontal loops, are omni directional. I can hear everyone from all directions. While the gain may not be like that of a Yagi, the narrow vertical beamwidth does afford a surprising amount of gain. An added benefit is an apparent reduction in intermod issues, probably due to the horizontal polarization.

These antennas are very easy to tune and are very small. The construction quality is top notch and they are VERY durable.

I work alot of 2m SSB DX and also digital modes, as well normal simplex and repeaters. I also use these antennas for 2m AM Nets. I also run QRO legal limit and this pair has handled it with no problems

Secondly, I have owned these loops now for a number of years. I have had them installed on a roof peak of a suburban home at 35', also at 90' on top of a commercial building, and now I have them on an apartment balcony (24th floor) at about 280' above ground level in the Bronx, NY. They have been through hurricanes, major snowstorms and noreasters, and been exposed to sea air. They have held up spectacularly and look nearly new!

I have owned every and all commercially available 2m loops, and these are by far the best quality I have come across, not to mention the best performing! I do not say this lightly. I do not review or endorse many things, but these I will gladly recommend!

In short if you have been looking for good alternative to an omni stick on your roof, give these a try. Great quality, gain, omnidirective, lower noise, and horizontal polarization. All in an easy to tune and ready to use package.