Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | G WHIP FLEXITEN mobile antenna Help

Reviews Summary for G WHIP FLEXITEN mobile antenna
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Made in Britain this antenna is probably the best mobile antenna design on the market, it's unique helical centre loaded design offers maximum radiation due to the helical distribution of RF. You do not need an ATU as the antenna is resonant. The base stem is fibre glass with stainless steel or brass fittings, 26" base helically wound stem.
More info: http://www.gwhip.co.uk/flexiten.htm

You can write your own review of the G WHIP FLEXITEN mobile antenna.

M0OAT Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2013 13:57 Send this review to a friend
G Whip Flexiten mobile 80/40/20/10 band  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Due to my home and XYL situation I have to operate portable for this i use the G Whip QRP End Feds. Due to the weather lately I have been looking at a mobile setup on the work hilux and I have been looking at a few mobile antennas on websites, mounted on the roofs of car at the radio club or at rallies and the quality of them were not to good. I wanted something that is going to last a while, preform, not break the bank with expensive imports and no customer support.
So it was back to Geoff (G4ICD) at G Whip after some advice i went with the flexiten, within 6 days the antenna was built and delivered. The antenna was well packaged and came in carry case. I was pleased with myself for choosing the G Whip Flexiten admiring the craftsmanship and quality of work is outstanding second to none.
The instructions were simple to understand and came with coax, mount,earth braid, a sweep for each band, info on whip length to use and to change the center loaded coil for the desired band.
Within an hour I had it mounted on the roof on a triple mag mount and best thing is the SWR was better than the sweeps, this was a shock as I need to a bit(lot)of work on the bonding of the vehicle. But I was still impressed and managed a quick QSO in to Holland on 40m band with 5 watts from the Yaesu 817 this was without it being grounded and was mounted on to a triple mag mount on the roof of the Hilux. I had borrowed two mobile antennas from others but could only manage 17/12/10/2 bands.
Great solid antenna, easy to setup and works, great support from Geoff at G Whip with follow up emails.
Diffidently a 5 out 5 and would recommend to anyone else.