Reviews Categories | Receivers: General Coverage | IQ+ EME Dual Channel Receiver Help

Reviews Summary for IQ+ EME Dual Channel Receiver
IQ+ EME Dual Channel Receiver Reviews: 13 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $879.00
Description: Software Define Radio Receiver for Adaptive Polarization. Revisions A and B, bands: VL (50MHz), V(144MHz) and U(432 MHz)
More info: http://www.linkrf.ch

You can write your own review of the IQ+ EME Dual Channel Receiver.

WB2SZR Rating: 5/5 Feb 20, 2013 08:05 Send this review to a friend
Only way to play EME  Time owned: more than 12 months
After using WSJT for several years, I wanted to try Map-65 for my 2M EME station. I first went with the SDR-IQ and a RX down converter, which allowed me to use Map-65 as a 2M EME bandscope, but did not allow me to take advantage of Adaptive Polarization.

I decided to move up to the IQ+, which in addition to still using Map-65 as a bandscope, would allow me take advantage of adaptive polarization and in many cases giving me a 3db RX advantage, which is huge for EME, especially for my small station, which consists of a 4X20 ( 10H/10V).

The IQ + worked like a charm, and with Map-65V2, it no longer needs Linrad, its plug and play with Map-65 directly. Just add a quality audio card and your good to go. I still use Linrad due to its better noise handling ability but it is no longer necessary for Map-65V2.

Besides making a great product Alex gives great support and gave me several great recommendations on how to improve my system. I highly recommend the IQ+ .

Les
W2LPL
(X-WB2SZR)

VE1KG Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2013 11:42 Send this review to a friend
IQ+ EME  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have been using the IQ+ for EME now for 8 months.
My station is 4X17M2 + 1KW.For receiving LNA + IQ+ & MAP65. I am very please with the radio easy to set up & stable. Not being to swift with computers i needed help to resolved a small issue.Called the company & using teamviewer they got me going in 5 minutes. I highly recommand the radio for its performance & the company for its support
Serge/VE1KG

HB9DRI Rating: 5/5 Feb 14, 2013 10:11 Send this review to a friend
The only real SDR radio for Adaptive Polarization.  Time owned: more than 12 months
As manufacture will not be correct to do my review here but is the initial start, all IQ+ users are invited to write their owns reviews.

Never the less the IQ+ receiver is the first Software Define Radio specially designed for EME communication from 50 to 432 Mhz, becouse the radio has 2 Receptors locked with the same local oscillator is specially designed for Adaptive Polarization Systems, no more Faraday rotation problems during RX, together with Linrad and MAP65 the IQ+ wring to you much more performance compared with other traditional receptors. I invite the IQ+ users to write their reports about the IQ+

73 de Alex, HB9DRI