Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Accessories | MFJ-4601 Feed Through Panel Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-4601 Feed Through Panel
Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $$59.95
Description: Feed Through Panel has six female connectors for your coax PL-259's and a ground screw for where your ground is attach from the radio on the inside.
More info: http://MFJ Enterprises.com

You can write your own review of the MFJ-4601 Feed Through Panel.

AK4YW Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2016 16:02 Send this review to a friend
looks good and fulfills its purbose  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I opened the box with some misgivings after reading the bad reviews. The one that I received looked nice and the board that it was mounted on was unmarred and looked ready to be painted or stained. What I really appreciated was the 1 x 2 that was shipped with it. It look me a while to realize that it was to prevent the window from being opened, and it was a detail that I had not even thought of.

KT4DLB Rating: 2/5 Sep 15, 2015 12:54 Send this review to a friend
Update Report  Time owned: more than 12 months
Well I have had this install for almost 3 years. This past weekend I had to replace all 6 SO-259 with a better quality connector. I believe if MFJ would do this to begin with they would have a super item that would get a "5" every time.

W5EEXINAZ Rating: 3/5 Jan 8, 2015 12:39 Send this review to a friend
Works but quality is lacking  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the MFJ4601 to replace a "blanket" feedthru I have used for years. Luckily, here in AZ we don't get too much rain, and it is not terribly cold, so the blanket was a marginal solution. The MFJ4601 works great and does meet my needs, but I was disappointed with the construction quality. The twin metal panels were mounted solidly but were no where near parallel to the edges of the board. I had to remove and re-install both sides to get them mounted straight. On one panel, the surface was scratched and some of the screened on labels scratched off due to mis-handling with a wrench or pliers during assembly. I am satisfied with the function it provides, but I would think MFJ would have better quality control to make sure products are assembled correctly and without damage during the manufacturing process.

K4COP Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2014 12:05 Send this review to a friend
Great item  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the MFJ-4602 feed through panel. I had to shave the ends a bit once I cut it for length so that the board will fit in the side window slots. No problem. Only had to take a few shavings off about 3/4 of an inch off of one side on each end. There was some white paint missing here and there but overall this is a great product. Glad I got it instead of drilling holes in the house.

I know folks complain a lot about MFJ but their prices are still fairly reasonable for those of us without a ton of money to spend on ham equipment. Highest quality? Maybe not. But it is affordable and usable.

VA3YG Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2014 06:33 Send this review to a friend
Good product  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I know it's a national past time to complain about MFJ, but if MFJ were not around I think a lot of folks would miss their products. They're about the only company around that's producing such a wide selection of innovative amateur radio products.

I bought this product well aware of QC issues but was pleasantly surprised at the good quality and how useful this product has been. Yes, I could have made it but I have so many home projects around here this would not have taken priority!

I'm a happy customer.