Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Periodicals | CQ Magazine Help

Reviews Summary for CQ Magazine
CQ Magazine Reviews: 137 Average rating: 3.2/5 MSRP: $27.95
Description: The Radio Amateur's Journal
More info: http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/

You can write your own review of the CQ Magazine.

AF6WL Rating: 4/5 Jun 14, 2014 15:35 Send this review to a friend
iPad edition great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've never been a print subscriber, but am enjoying reading it , without delivery problems, on the iPad via Zinio.
I find it a better read than QST.
I hope the magazine pulls through.

W0CKI Rating: 0/5 Apr 23, 2014 19:23 Send this review to a friend
Total trash mag  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
About the only saving grace is the contest portion, otherwise absolute junk. Let it die, no one will miss it after a few months, but then again, some will be waiting for the late last issue.

K4IA Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2014 18:13 Send this review to a friend
What difference does it make?  Time owned: more than 12 months
I like the magazine. I like the articles. It is readable, fun and informative. The "other" ham magazine can be stuffy, dogmatic and scolding. I read them both.

Who cares what date is on the cover?

K5TCP Rating: 0/5 Mar 21, 2014 12:54 Send this review to a friend
What a joke  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just received my January 2014 issue today (3/21/14).

NU4B Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2014 06:08 Send this review to a friend
Digital Edition   Time owned: more than 12 months
After almost 30 years getting the print version, I decided to get the digital. (Did the same with QST a year or so ago).

I never thought I would like the digital mags, but I'm hooked. I couldn't be happier. Sometimes change is hard. And I know some people will never like a digital mag or book. And that's what I thought.

And the Feb edition was a QRP special which thrilled me. I've always enjoyed the content in CQ. The antenna and QRP special editions are my favorite.

And no more waiting. No more shredded mags in the mail. And less clutter around the shack. (well there's still clutter, just not CQ and QST) They are all easily accessible with my computer whenever I want them. Easy to go to the contents page and click on the article you want to read. And it costs a bit less. Another nice thing (that I never thought about) in the digital editions is its easy to click on any referenced email addresses or web sites in the mag and go right there.

Yep, for me, definitely a more enjoyable experience with the digital version.

NT9M Rating: 4/5 Mar 20, 2014 05:45 Send this review to a friend
Times are changing  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'll tell you who is on the way out -- the USPS drowning in a sea of red ink.

Enjoyed reading my combined issue of CQ which I downloaded to my tablet while vacationing in Arizona last week. I like the PLUS of the expanded coverage and extra articles in the e-Edition.

It sounds like they are trying to make this right for everyone by extending your print subscription. So my suggestion if you want to keep enjoying the articles while they work things out is download the e-edition. It's all there...and more.

NT9M

KK2DOG Rating: 4/5 Feb 25, 2014 09:42 Send this review to a friend
Works for me!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The purpose of these reviews should be to rate the magazine for it's articles and content, not for a distribution issue they are/were having.

I've been a subscriber for many years and plan on renewing once again.

Perhaps I should give MFJ Enterprises a bad review since I just received their 2013 catalog on February 24, 2014.

VK5GI Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2014 15:28 Send this review to a friend
Great mag  Time owned: more than 12 months
Jeez, some of the wingers here...! CQ is a GREAT magazine, its editorials put things into context and it tries to cater for all aspects of the hobby. The NEW CQ Plus combines several of the CQ group journals into one mag. Fantastic.
My paper copy came usually on time - give or take a day or so - and now that I receive the digital edition, even better. I live in rural Australia, and have no complaints at all - keep up the good work fellers!
Norm VK5GI

WA7JCL Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2014 15:41 Send this review to a friend
Reading like it was meant to be written  Time owned: more than 12 months
It's nice to receive a ham radio magazine that is written for a lifetime of enjoyment. I mean, so many magazine focus on the right now, gotta have it, that forcasts the next minute of...fill in the blank; well if you're into that sort of fast food life style don't order a magazine. Rather, feel free to just get real-time updates to your smart phone from some online service instead. But for me, I want something that is as good to read when I receive it, to when I pick it up 10 years from now. I know that's why I appreciate the timeless beauty of a great publication like CQ Magazine.

AB2E Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2014 18:55 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Articles!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am a longtime subscriber (over 30 years). I recently added the digital subscription because the print editions have been arriving late. I just got the link for the expanded CQ Plus which is the February issue. I am very pleased. Tacked onto the end of the regular issue are a number of additional articles from WorldRadio and CQ VHF. Like it or not, publishing globally is heading rapidly to the digital format so we should make the most of it.
It's probably a good time to buy up some of the print copies of some of the books they sell as well. Who knows how long they will remain available in print?