Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | AutoEZ Help

Reviews Summary for AutoEZ
Reviews: 8 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $$79.00
Description: Antenna Modeling Software
More info: http://www.ac6la.com/

You can write your own review of the AutoEZ.

K9VIC Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2016 16:35 Send this review to a friend
The perfect EZNEC companion.   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
AutoEZ allows running EZNEC files as-is, or the flexibility to model using variables instead of fixed values. It does allow optimization (apparently added since some earlier reviews), as well as some other nice features including the ability to add a variety of impedance matching networks (pi, T, etc.) directly without having to calculate the values for individual L-networks. AutoEZ comes with a number of example files, and had a decent Quick Start guide. The author is also responsive and has responded to inquiries in a timely manner. AutoEZ works with up-to-date versions of EZNEC 5 and 6, and can be downloaded as a fully functional trial version (30-segment limit) if youíd like a ďtest-driveĒ before purchasing (there is also a money-back guarantee). I wish this had been available earlier. I love EZNEC, but the inability to model using variables and optimize things were a drawback. AutoEZ fixes these limitations while giving EZNEC even more versatility.

NC4AK Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2015 20:40 Send this review to a friend
AutoEZ Truly Compliments EZNEC  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am a novice at antenna modeling. I have EZNEC+ and only model occasionally. I will admit that I have not spent the time needed to really learn the programís features like I should.

I came across AutoEZ over a year ago and decided to give it a try. I have been extremely pleased with my purchase. It allows me to get a lot more out of EZNEC+. It contains many tools that make modeling much easier (and fun) for a beginner like myself. It is also a huge time saver. I would highly recommend giving AutoEZ a try. I think you will be very impressed.

AA6ML Rating: 5/5 Jul 6, 2015 10:36 Send this review to a friend
Absolutely AMAZING..!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am NOT a beta or field tester - just paid the MSRP of $79 for this software tool to be used along side my EZNEC Pro/4 version which cost me almost $950 (including the Lawrence Livermore Lab license to NEC4). I use EZNEC often, but I always dread it because of the very clunky User Interface.

Dan has COMPLETELY changed that with AutoEZ - the UI is superb and intuitive and you can actually create models without entering ANYTHING in the WIRES section - that in itself is a huge coup - since it make creating Yagi antennas with tapered tubing easy as pie.

But to add to the beautiful UI, Dan has implemented a very useful OPTIMIZER that does local optimizing very nicely - allowing you to set the parameters which are most desired, as well as "stop points" for parameters so that it knows when it's "good enough". I have used the Optimizer extensively over the last 3 days and can tell you that it is superb.

Bottom line - this is the UI and Optimizer that EZNEC needed years ago - and it's ONLY $79..!! Anybody who gets EZNEC would be crazy not to also buy AutoEZ. Had I known about it earlier, I would have bought it the day that I purchased EZNEC Pro/4. Knowing now what it's able to do, I would gladly have paid $499 or even $799 for AutoEZ - ALONE..!!

It really is THAT GOOD..! You will not regret buying this tool - it makes using EZNEC an absolute JOY to drive..

KD0ZV Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2015 19:41 Send this review to a friend
In a word.. wow  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a must have. I am new to modeling but consider EZNEC the engine however autoez completes the package and is really the vehicle. Do much easier to run various scenarios and see how the model reacts.

W5TX Rating: 5/5 Feb 20, 2014 19:07 Send this review to a friend
Antenna modeling optimizer  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I too must confess to being a beta tester of AutoEZ and that I have no remunerative association with the developer. I was one of those who pushed very hard on AC6LA to add an optimizer to the program. The results are outstanding. Having used most of the previously mentioned packages and having found the optimizer in AO (MiniNEC core) to be useful but having been written when memory was measured in K's rather than G's it was sorely limited in model size when optimizing. AutoEZ is a significant advance! Documentation is excellent and the interface intuitive after small learning curve on the various options. Very flexible. Used extensively in design of VHF Yagi antennas with good physical correlation. Useable with NEC 2 or NEC 4 in EZNEC. Free trial demo available on AC6LA web site.

N6RY Rating: 4/5 Jul 26, 2013 06:59 Send this review to a friend
Where is the Optimizer?  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
While AC6LA has developed a great program to augment the use of EZNEC, the feature I had most hoped for (and expected) was an ability to run optimizations. I use the Solver feature in Excel on financial planning spreadsheets, and would love to be able to do the same for antennas. (Sadly programs like AO are no longer available.)

There is a nice feature in AutoEZ that allows resonating at a single frequency, but what if I want to find a combination of dimensions of wires, transmission lines, and/or L-networks that optimize SWR on multiple bands? (E.g. ZS6BKW antenna.) Perhaps I'm not creative enough to figure out how to do this out from Dan's excellent documentation. I understand this might be a slow process (even overnight), but I can do something else instead of twiddling variables and scanning data or charts to get the results I want.

K1LI Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2013 16:06 Send this review to a friend
"What if" to your heart's content!  Time owned: more than 12 months
As a longtime user of MultiNEC, the predecessor to AutoEZ, I was ecstatic to learn of the refresh that brings AutoEZ into line with EZNEC 5. While EZNEC and 4NEC2 each have many great features, I feel that the AutoEZ interface encourages the "what if" variations that allow me to better understand exactly what's going on with a particular antenna design. And the AutoEZ User Guide is chock full of useful hints that will help you address your most challenging antenna modeling problems in a jiffy!

N8QS Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2013 14:43 Send this review to a friend
NEW-Great Antenna Modeling Software  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
First, Iíd like to preface this review by acknowledging that I was one of the beta-testers on AutoEZ. However, other than being one of the beta-testers, I have NO financial or business-related connections to this product or the company. Now to the review itself : Iíve used many antenna modeling programs in years past (NecWin Plus, Eznec--by itself, MMANA, 4nec2, AntennaModel and some others) but this NEW antenna modeling program is (IMHO) the best one of them all. AutoEZ works in conjunction with Eznec and Excel (you must have Eznec 5.0 v. 5.0.58 or later and Excel on your computer) to produce a modeling program that is --by faróthe best one Iíve ever used. Full of user-friendly features and many visuals (charts & graphs), there are just too many great things to squeeze into this review. For quad-lovers (like me) and anyone else who does alot of antenna modeling, I HIGHLY recommend giving this a try. After using this fine product, I canít imagine needing anything else for my antenna-modeling needs.