Reviews Categories | Microphones | Ten Tec 709A Help

Reviews Summary for Ten Tec 709A
Ten Tec 709A Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $69.00
Description: Model 709A is an omni-directional dynamic microphones designed for use as a communications station microphone for Amateur Radio and other transmitting applications. The unit consists of a die-cast zinc shell with molded sliding PTT on/off switch, dynamic microphone element and detachable multi-wire connection cable. The element has tailored frequency response from 30 Hz to 12 kHz designed for excellent transmit audio in SSB, AM, and FM modes.
More info: http://www.tentec.com/products/Straight-microphone-%252d-TEN%252dTEC-8%252dPin.html

You can write your own review of the Ten Tec 709A.

W5KG Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2015 08:35 Send this review to a friend
Very, very good  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned two of the 709A's. I have also have done a side by side comparison with the PR781, no-one could tell the difference between the two. Also the comparison with TT Orion, Yaesu FT950, and FTDX 3000 with the results the same. Needless to say I sold the PR781 and kept the 709A. A $69 mic vs a $140-180 mic, I sold both of the 781s.
I would have given a 4.5 because PTT slide switch, but I use VOX and a foot switch for PTT. So not really a problem.

$69 with the cord the you can not beat it in my opinion.

Don, W5KG

W9CMD Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2013 11:23 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Audio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
At $69 this may be the best buy in microphones. I've owned many many microphones, and paid 4-5 times the advertized price of this one. This mic is just as good as my RE-320. Signal reports are nothing less than super. Clear clean well articulated audio. Equal to or better than most Heil, Shure, or other popular microphones. I've used it with my Omni VII, but should work equally as well with most any modern transceiver requiring a low impedance mic.