Reviews Categories | QRP Radios (5 watts or less) | Splinter QRP Transciever Help

Reviews Summary for Splinter QRP Transciever
Splinter QRP Transciever Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $54.95
Description: Direct Conversion Receiver

1.tunes about 100KHz (user selectable in 40 meter band)

2.bandpass filter with antenna attenuator

3.SA612AN mixer/oscillator

4.two stage audio amp with RC filtering

5.drives stereo earphones (plenty of audio)

6.receives cw and ssb

Crystal Controlled Transmitter

1.2N3904 oscillator with SPOT button

2.2N2219A final (450-500 milliwatts at 12vdc)

3.clean output (harmonics down -45db)

4.two position crystal switch (7030KHz soldered in with sipp socket for extra crystals)

5.sidetone oscillator

6.built-in key and external key jack

7.VXO (about 3KHz)
More info: http://www.breadboardradio.com/breadboardradio/Products.html

You can write your own review of the Splinter QRP Transciever.

VE2QR Rating: 5/5 Oct 21, 2013 20:23 Send this review to a friend
Super kit, big fun.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I built this kit in January 2013 and I have a lot of fun using it since. Easily mounted. The documentation is good and the electronic parts are placed by step in plastic bag. Almost imposible to be wrong. No surface mount (thank you). The parts are common and easy to repair if ever there was a misfortune. A major advantage for me is the VFO. About 1 hour for electronics and 2 hours for the paint ...
Martin VE2QR

PA3ALX Rating: 5/5 Apr 2, 2013 12:14 Send this review to a friend
Building the Splinter was great fun !!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received the kit within 14 days after ordering .To my big surprise the shipping and other costs to the Netherlands were included in the price !! Those costs were $ 12.75 !! Thank you , you are very generous Bill.
The building was not a problem. I am Lucky to know my fellow hams who do have frequency meters for in the beginning I thought I had made many mistakes in mounting the parts. De frequency measurement however told us that the tuning can in the receiver circuit was 6400 kHz and thus far below the 7030 QRP QRG !!
Now the rig proper aligned delivers 500 milliWatts at 13.8 Volts supply Voltage.
It is a pleasure to listen to a noise free DC RX !!
Chapeau Bill !!
73 es 72 de PA3ALX Herman

K5BEZ Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2013 13:16 Send this review to a friend
Great Product, Better Customer Service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received the Splinter in a timely fashion.
When I opened the box, there were 5 bags of parts, all numbered 1-5. These bags correspond with the written instructions. After finishing the wooden breadboard and assembling the Splinter, I had a couple of problems after assembly which were operator error!
I sent the Splinter back to Bill and he fixed my screw ups and returned the unit to me. It now works like a champ and I just ordered the Toothpick Audio CW Filter/Amp to complete my latest QRP setup!
You cannot go wrong with these products. They are fun to put together and fun to use.