Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | Wilson Little Wil Help

Reviews Summary for Wilson Little Wil
Wilson Little Wil Reviews: 5 Average rating: 3.6/5 MSRP: $$40
Description: 300 watt CB / 10 meter magnetic mount antenna with 36" whip
More info: http://www.wilsonantenna.com/base_load.php

You can write your own review of the Wilson Little Wil.

KB1FHO Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2014 11:55 Send this review to a friend
Very Good Perfomance  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned one of these for over 10 years. In the last solar cycle I worked Japan from Massachusetts one evening on the gray line with the Little Wil and 25 watts. Not a wide range frequency range but I had acceptable SWR from 28300 to 28500 where most of the SSB action is. I had no problem adjusting it for 10 meters. A great product for the price.

W8AAZ Rating: 4/5 Mar 12, 2014 11:17 Send this review to a friend
Works fine for CB   Time owned: more than 12 months
Once or twice a year I toss a CB in the car in instances that I think monitoring traffic on the highway may be advantageous. Or when just fooling around to make sure the 11M radio works. I got my Wil at a yard sale for 5 bucks, used. Tuned up OK on CB in the middle of the car roof. It performs better than the more convenient mini antennas that are highly loaded, but maybe not as good as a huge full size mobile antenna. Decent working compromise between the extremes. All I need and more for temporary travel purposes without being too large or cumbersome. I would go with an antenna that was meant for 10 meters if I wanted that feature.

NA5XX Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2014 07:09 Send this review to a friend
Worked for me  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used this antenna with the RS HTX-100. From Oklahoma, I worked all over the US, Australia, Cuba and Spain (25 watts). If a needed a 10 meter only antenna, I would consider buying again.

K8EO Rating: 4/5 Mar 12, 2014 05:21 Send this review to a friend
OK 11 Meter ONLY antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
This antenna is designed only for 11 Meters, but does an OK job when used as a receiving antenna on 10 meters. Per the manufacturer this antenna is NOT designed or advertised as being able to be used on 10 Meters. Its bigger brother the Wilson 1000, has a 62" whip and is advertised as 26-30 Mhz, not this. This antenna has only a 36" whip and can not be tuned to 10 meters, at least I could not get it to do so, but again its not made to. It actually works moderately well for what it is, with its 36" whip you can't expect great results.

KD2CTY Rating: 0/5 Mar 6, 2013 10:05 Send this review to a friend
Ripoff, do not buy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this antenna to use on the 10 meter band. It is advertised as being able to be tuned from 26mhz to 30mhz. When I got the antenna I got SWR readings of 5-10 on the CB band and the 10 meter band. Even after trimming the stick and adjusting the set screw, I could only get 1:1 for a very narrow band. If I adjusted for 29.0; 29.0 was 1:1; 28.75 was 3:1 and 28.3 was 10:1. Even on the cb bands channel 1 would be 1:1 and by the time I got to channel 20 it would be 10:1. It is plain unusable on any band. Other hams told me that this antenna was no good.