Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | N3ZN ZN-HKC straight key Help

N3ZN  ZN-HKC straight key Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$ 315.00
Description: A classic straight key. It has 4 ball bearing, silver contact
points,stainless steel screws, all brass base and weighs 3 lbs and 4 oz
More info: http://www.n3znkeys.com

You can write your own review of the N3ZN ZN-HKC straight key.

K0FTC Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2013 15:30 Send this review to a friend
Pairs great with a ZN-SL  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was excited to learn that Tony Baleno of N3ZN was making straight keys. I own a N3ZN ZN-SL and thoroughly enjoy that single lever paddle and knew that his SK would be another outstanding example of craftsmanship. And it is... This key is adjustable in about any dimension you would think you might need to adjust it. I prefer the knob close down to the deck, and I actually rest my last two fingers on the desk controlling the key with my thumb, index, middle finger. But I am sure if you differ you can adjust it to your own style. I like a slightly firm feel to the key and very close contacts, close enough you can barely see movement of the key arm - and this key adjusts to this preference quite well and I believe the locking nuts will hold this adjustment. The action is smooth as silk and the CW is crisp and clear. The finish is perfect, the lines simple but elegant. I enjoy collecting and using all kinds of keys and paddles, and this key is a top of the line work of art I would not hesitate to recommend. (Seems silly maybe to mention, but Tony will install a cord and terminate it in whichever plug you want - and this is well done and the plug is of high quality as well - he didn't cut corners even on this.) Once the key is ready to go, you will get a flurry of emails, communication on every aspect and step of sending your key to you. It comes double boxed with enough packing material that it would really have to be abused to ever be damaged. It is wonderful that there are folks out there that truly are craftsman and Tony is one of the best.

N5XRD Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2013 12:34 Send this review to a friend
An outstanding key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have only had a short time, but find that it is an outstanding key. It is very smooth, easy to adjust and doesn't take up a lot of space. You can get a call sign plate also. It is fun to use and not tiring. It also looks good. What more can you ask!

I have had several outstanding keys and this is at least the equal of any of them