Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | Diamond HF40CL Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond HF40CL
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $59.99
Description: 40m mobile antenna

You can write your own review of the Diamond HF40CL.

W7BNW Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2013 13:54 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The HF40CL is a tall antenna, with a UHF connection that I have attached to a barrel connection that I have mounted in a "L" bracket in the truck bed. The antenna folds over for entering low areas. I am a General Class and the antenna tuned up to cover the phone band. I use a FT-857 mounted in my Tacoma Pickup truck. This antenna works so well I am going to be purchasing the 20m monoband antenna very soon.

MM0VEG Rating: 5/5 Jul 14, 2013 13:24 Send this review to a friend
Superb antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I was originally looking at buying a hustler antenna with a super resonator for 40m but thought it may be a bit top heavy. The HF40CL is sleeker and looks a lot better. The performance of this antenna is brilliant. I use a triple mag-mount with the antenna and the SWR was easily tuned 1:1 for my preferred frequency 7.160 the Worked All Britain net frequency. Working inter G at the moment can be difficult due to sunspot activity and this antenna has performed consistently. Would I think of changing, absolutely not. You would be hard pushed to beat a monoband antenna with no tuner. This one's a keeper.

KD8NCP Rating: 5/5 Mar 19, 2013 18:29 Send this review to a friend
Excellent 40m mobile antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had great success with this single band mobile antenna. The HF40CL is a rather tall antenna, about 87" with a UHF connection that attaches to a Diamond K400 mounting bracket (purchased separately),and it's fold over design makes it useful when you need to enter a parking garage and don't want to completely unthread the antenna from the mount. It was pretty easy to snip the upper element to get a desired 1:1 match on my desired 40m frequency, which was 7.255 MHZ. I transmit with an Alinco DX70TH and have worked stations on SSB from Canada to Florida and from the east US coast to Texas with excellent reports. A couple of set screws allow you to adjust the final height of the upper element to achieve 1:1 on other 40m frequencies. I've used braided strap to ground the mounting bracket to the car frame (2010 Dodge Journey). An excellent 40m mobile antenna for the price. Matt KD8NCP