Reviews Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur (inc. HF+6M+VHF models) | Alinco DX-70TH Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco DX-70TH
Alinco  DX-70TH Reviews: 153 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $1074.00
Description: 160-6M 100 Watt HF+6 AM/FM/SSB/CW Transceiver
More info: http://www.alinco.com/usa.html

You can write your own review of the Alinco DX-70TH.

M0NAF Rating: 5/5 Jun 17, 2014 15:56 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought it about a year ago, secondhand. Worth every penny!! It is rugged and reliable. It gets my signal out there and it also pulls in the ones I want.

OK it is short of bells and whistles but if you want to run mobile and be successful and have fun; if you enjoy working to get that distant station; if you want lightweight equipment, this is the radio for you.

10M whip for a car, a 12v gell battery and 59 form South America and Ascension Island from south of UK. What more can you ask!!

GW0IRT Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2013 16:35 Send this review to a friend
GREAT LITTLE RADIO FOR THE MONEY   Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought on ebay at a very good price for portable use, arrived in excellent as new condition,no gripes I knew what I was buying, read the reviews here and agree with all that gave it a five, have had no problems with the radio and works very well as a portable or base use for the cash outlay well pleased with my buy.....Phil GW0IRT

N5YUZ Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2013 20:07 Send this review to a friend
Great radio,simple to operate  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I really like this little radio. Like 10 and 100 watts choice. I use it as my base station. Next to a good ol Kenwood TS120S that I,ve had fr 20yrs. Wish it had a bigger dial BUT, so what,radio gets great reports I,m happy.

WO8USA Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2013 17:59 Send this review to a friend
19 years and going strong!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is my first HF rig in 1994 and I have kept it...it is not as sensitive as the IC706 to motor noise, does not have all the bells and whistles (I have both) but is a great little righ for what it is made for. I still use it, 100W, in the car. Been in the car through all kinds of temperature for almost 19 years.

M0SRW Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2013 08:24 Send this review to a friend
NB dose work !   Time owned: more than 12 months
Right after owning a DX70TH for years 15+ i have just found the NB dose work ! try this switch AGC to fast switch NB on bingo it dose work not brilliant but ok this works on SSB and AM I have one that dose have good AM TX audio

I do like this radio a lot for mobile use no stupid multi menus like IC706 or FT857 it's just to much for a small box thought the FT857 is a good set in its own right
Why would you need more menus than a Chinese take away !

M0WZM Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2013 12:42 Send this review to a friend
Solid performer  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Use one as a base rig and it performs very well. I only use CW or SSB and the combination of RF gain, IF shift and filters gets rid of most QRM. Seems very solidly built too.
In combination with an admittedly pretty awful loft dipole managed to hit East coast USA, Caribbean and Brazil over a couple of weekends.
Definite keeper.

M0SRW Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2012 16:37 Send this review to a friend
Top kit for your cash   Time owned: more than 12 months
NB is crap Mic socket under the face that's a pain in the ass looks ugly

BUT SO WHAT !

It's tough and sounds great mated up with LDG Z100 it works the planet from my van.

ALINCO start banging out this little gem again don't change it ! ok fix the bloody NB so it works proper

VE7KNQ Rating: 5/5 Aug 4, 2012 03:24 Send this review to a friend
Older but excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my DX-70TH for well over 12 years now and it has stood the test of time. It just keeps on working! The manual is well written and explains all the features clearly. The radio is very easy to use and after a couple hours operating time the functions become second nature. It's not as fancy as todays radios but it'll certainly do a great job for you.

KC9HVA Rating: 3/5 Jul 18, 2012 16:42 Send this review to a friend
so so   Time owned: months
the radio was fine for its time .

G1HQK Rating: 5/5 Jul 18, 2012 00:27 Send this review to a friend
Very Surprised  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Really surprised with this radio, swapped it with a Kenwood TR751E and wondered if I had done the right thing, yup sure did. It hears as well as my FT450AT without all the bells and whistles, ideal for the car where it gets its use now. Better built than I imagined as well, ok its not as fancy as most radios these days but for simplicity and no menus it does the job and does it well.