Reviews Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur (inc. HF+6M+VHF models) | Yaesu FT-1000MP Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu FT-1000MP
Yaesu FT-1000MP Reviews: 98 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $2500.00
Description: 160m-10m transceiver (discontinued)
More info: http://www.yaesu.com/

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FT-1000MP.

KE2TR Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2010 09:32 Send this review to a friend
Great contest machine!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was a buds house during the CQWW phone weekend who had a pair of FT1000MK5 feilds, man even with the VRF control and ICE bandpass filters the feilds just dint measure up to the ole MP's(I should have brought it over to his house) I ran a very effective but small compared to the big boy M/S staion in the late 90'ies with a pair of MP's and ICE fbandpass filters and the band by band interaction was almost nill, for some reason the old MP's had better second order performance than the newer rigs. I have even seen that some contesters are selling there beloved K3's and going back to the ole MP's all filtered up and roofing filter installed there really a hard act to follow unless you get a pair of FTDX5000. The rig is just laid out better and all the controls are were they sould be. I think its time to pick another MP up, at around $1K for a stock MP its hard to beat.

IW1DFU Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2010 23:57 Send this review to a friend
A war machine  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had a FT1000MP in the past for several years.Then I've sold it to buy a MKV field. MKV has somethings more but also something less than old MP version. 1 month ago I sold my MKV and bought a brand new FT2000. How big was my mistake! After one month of sofference I decide to come back and change the 2000 with an old FT1000MP full filtered. I love this radio. It's solid like a rock. The reciver is quite and very sensibile. With the filters it's uncomparable with the new DSP generation. It's simply one of the best rig that has been made.
Now the price is lower than in the past and if you will found an used one, get it... you will never regret.
Yes it has no DSP functions like the newer versions of RTX... But you will never need. This analog RX is the state of the art in RF, and you have EDSP, that is able to reduce the poor noise floor of FT1000MP, and EDSP probably is not the newest and the best one, but IT WORKS fine, without alterate or digitalize the signal that you are interested to listen.

KG4CBJ Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2010 11:17 Send this review to a friend
Should have kept making them "just like Classic Coke"  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had my MP for about 7+ years great receive excellent on digital modes. I recently sold mine only because of antenna restrictions and lack of time to use. I see reviews for its current replacement and unfortunately, a lot for sale at an early time in the history of it's replacement.
What I wanted to say is that if you are new to Amateur Radio and want a full featured HF rig; look no further. What is telling about the versatility and quality of this rig is that their value is still relatively high for a product of this age.I have had 4 Yeasu products and this one, hands down, was the best

W7RUE Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2010 20:07 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Choice!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
After many months of research, I went looking for a FT-1000MP. I was able to find one in mint condition that had been rarely used by its original owner and then only occasionally for CW. The mike was still new in the plastic wrapper and it came with the additional CW filters. All the paperwork, including the original promotional materials, a promotional QSO Card from JA1MP were present, and the MP was carefully preserved in its original packaging and boxes. I could have bought a new FT-950 or FT-2000 (I had the budget), but I just didn't like the looks, feel, or the menus that I would have to negotiate to operate the newer models. Frankly, I couldn't or didn't see or hear any real advantage to the newer models which I played with before buying the MP. I was told by the Yaesu Rep not to buy the MP because Yaesu was not supporting it anymore and if the finals went out, I would be out of luck. I will take my chances! It has been a great a rig!

W7RUE

WD9ICU Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2010 13:31 Send this review to a friend
Very Reliable  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this radio for 9 years and it has not give me a bit of trouble. I am still impressed with its performance. I had never owned a radio like this and it did take getting use to, but after I understood how it worked I was able to appreciate its full potential. Its been a good radio.

MM3XXW Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2010 07:31 Send this review to a friend
Simply superb....!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
It's all been said before so all I'll add is "here, here!"

N8LFP Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2010 17:03 Send this review to a friend
Great HF Rig  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned my MP for about nine years now and it will not be leaving my desk anytime soon. I can not count how many times in a QSO other hams have said they used to have an original MP and regret ever letting it go. I think in todays used rig market it would be very difficult to find a better HF rig in the price range of used MP's. The only complaints I had have been fixed with mods. I installed the IF mod from Inrad and did the noise blanker mod found on the Internet. While I have not (and will not) have any of the $10K+ rigs to compare I love my original MP performance compared to many other HF rigs I have owned through the years.

N4WSH Rating: 5/5 Dec 11, 2009 12:54 Send this review to a friend
It's A Tank!!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased my FT-1000MP pre-owned from The Ham Station at a hamfest in late 2008 and I have to say I'm very pleased with it. It has never been worked on, no filters added nada! I've had no issues with the exception of the slow start up of the display after it sets for a while, but that has not really been a problem. This thing has more buttons and whistles than I will ever use, but I'm learning them. This is an upgrade from a Yaesu FT-890 so it there is quite a big difference. For the time being it is the rig I will keep until some of the current rigs get listed on eBay or wind up in stores then I may trade up again, but for me it is more radio that I will probably ever need. Oh, and two thumbs up for The Ham Station. I've bought used gear from them in the past and have never had any issues.

W8YG Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 2009 10:58 Send this review to a friend
Awesome radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this radio used and it has an inrad cw filter. This is the best used radio I have ever purchased. The receiver in this radio is as good as the Icom 756 Pro 3 and the transmit audio is very good.
Not to slam my Icom 7700 but the only real difference on the basic radio side is the transmit audio is much superior on the 7700.Oh and there are many more features on the 7700 of course.
But as far as a good solid radio for every day use. Its a good one.

WA4RVB Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2009 07:13 Send this review to a friend
STILL GOING STRONG  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had One of the Very First FT-1000MP's Still Going Strong After 14 Years. Roger WA4RVB