Reviews Categories | Keyers & CW Keyboards | K1EL K14 Help

Reviews Summary for K1EL K14
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $19
Description: CW keyer kit

You can write your own review of the K1EL K14.

KB3TAF Rating: 5/5 Sep 28, 2013 09:39 Send this review to a friend
Capable Keyer and Good Deal  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This keyer works great and is an excellent value. With three versions offered, you can customize it to fit your needs. I got the embedded version because I wanted to run it from batteries with an on/off switch (I omitted the voltage regulator to do this). I find the built-in practice mode especially useful.

The board IS silk-screened with two transistors backwards, but this is well documented. Evidently they had a batch of boards made with this mistake. As the kit is priced at next to nothing, some goodwill is in order here. You'll need the instructions to issue software commands anyway, so download them and read the few paragraphs concerning construction before beginning.
ON4KNP Rating: 1/5 Mar 27, 2013 09:51 Send this review to a friend
Happy too soon  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Tried the kit on a transceiver and found yet another error, the ouput keying MOSFET drain and source are inverted causing the transceiver to transmit continuously due to the integrated flyback protection diode... Yes Sir me English not so good, my electronics a bit better...