Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing gear | K7FP Metalwerks Safety Stand Tower Platform Help

Reviews Summary for K7FP Metalwerks Safety Stand Tower Platform
K7FP Metalwerks Safety Stand Tower Platform Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $395.00
Description: The Safety Stand is a U.S. Patent Pending service platform specifically designed for crank-up towers. It provides a large (12x36) surface to stand on while doing rotator, cable, or other tower work. Platform surface is height adjustable in 6 inch increments; can install flush with top of base tower section or two feet below. Platform surface is made from galvanized steel Safety Tread, a stamped high traction surface used in catwalks, stairs, and ramps
More info: http://www.kf7p.com/KF7P/SafetyStand.html

You can write your own review of the K7FP Metalwerks Safety Stand Tower Platform.

N6PSE Rating: 5/5 Apr 2, 2015 08:12 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Amateur radio is full of high tech and low tech. Every once in a while a great low tech item comes along that is a real time or money saver.

Last year at the Visalia International DX Convention, I purchased a Tower Safety Platform from Chris-KF7P. The safety stand is made of heavy duty galvanized steel and easily attaches to the top of the lowest section of my tower. The fit is precise and it is very firm and sturdy.

The benefit of the Safety Stand is that you can use a extension ladder and easily secure it within the safety stand. This enables you to ascend the ladder and easily transition to the safety stand without having to climb the tower.

This makes it easier to get on the tower and stay on the tower. The platform is large enough to allow you to work on your rotor, antennas or cables. It has a heavy duty tread design. This is a terrific product that has saved me time and money on its first use. I recently experienced a rotor issue that may have required a pro tower climber and potentially a crane, however I was easily able to ascend the tower and resolve the issue myself.

Chris is a great guy to deal with and I really enjoy his products!

AH0U Rating: 5/5 Apr 1, 2015 20:26 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought this because my XYL was always giving me QRM when I climbed my TX455 when cranked down.... As usual she was right... Anyway, it is built like a tank and in less than an hour it was installed. Clear instructions made it easy..... Been using it now for a few days and can't believe how I got along without it! Makes working on the antennas comfortable and much safer. Wish I heard about the stand years ago... Great product!

WB9B Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2013 12:11 Send this review to a friend
Very Well Done.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The unit is very well made. Simple to understand and assemble. And it provides a much more comfortable and safer working environment up on the tower.

K6BR Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2013 20:58 Send this review to a friend
Easy Safe Tower Work Platform  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Thank you Chris, at last someone has finally come up with an affordable work platform for crank up towers, I love that there is plenty of room to stand and even lay down parts on the 38X12 platform. I can spend hours up on my LM-470 Crank up tower, no more sore legs and lower back, no more trying to find a comfortable spot to put my feet on the V braces every two minutes. I actually look forward to antenna work on my Steppir and VHF/UHF antennas now, I just have to remember to un-hook my safety harness when climbing off the platform on to the ladder, as I forget I have it on.

P.S. the built in ladder stay is an excellent idea for added safety. Mike K6BR