Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | K7SU Ham Log Help

Reviews Summary for K7SU Ham Log
K7SU Ham Log Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Simple Excel logbook sheet
More info: http://www.k7su.com/logpage.html

You can write your own review of the K7SU Ham Log.

F4GFT Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2013 04:19 Send this review to a friend
Great starter log  Time owned: more than 12 months
After I got my licence in late 2009, I was looking for a computer logbook solution. In my country, logging is still a legal requirement, but even without this obligation, I consider logging essential to track my progress, DXCC status and of course QSL cards.
Without any experience, I was unable to clearly define my requirements, and thought I'd go with Kelly's K7SU Excel based logging sheet for a while, until I know what I actually need. 3 years and more than 3000 contacts later, I am still using it, despite a few attempts with "real" logging programs. It's simple, straightforward, can easily be customized (for instance, I track QSL status instead of states worked), and never crashes.
Being based on Excel, it is easy to add new functionality. I recently added a statistics page to know my activity per band and mode, and an ADIF export page.
The one thing I miss is Cabrillo export for contests. Since I am only a very casual contester, it did not matter much in the first two years of usage, but now I feel motivated to add that functionality (if my Excel skills are up to the task). I still rank it 5, because it does what it was conceived for, and so far could grow progressively with my needs. I figure I will at some point migrate to a CAT-based logger, but until that day, this simple logging solution will serve me well.