Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | RFINDER- The Worldwide Repeater Directory Help

Reviews Summary for RFINDER- The Worldwide Repeater Directory
RFINDER- The Worldwide Repeater Directory Reviews: 8 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $$9.99
Description: The RFinder (RepeaterFinder) Worldwide Repeater Directory is
a steadily growing worldwide repeater directory including
IRLP, Echolink, AllStar, DStar, MotoTRBO, and even Winlink
information. We currently have over 175 countries in the
directory!
More info: http://www.rfinder.net

You can write your own review of the RFINDER- The Worldwide Repeater Directory.

VE3BOC Rating: 5/5 Oct 27, 2014 22:01 Send this review to a friend
Very Impressed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just got Rfinder for my computer and am very impressed with both the layout and the quality of information contained. Worth the money.

KE4EQA Rating: 2/5 Sep 19, 2013 20:44 Send this review to a friend
Android fine - web needs work  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The mobile app (including Android) is obviously where most of the developer's effort has gone. It works fine and the database seems to be comparable to ARRL's in quantity and quality. A plus is that it uses Google maps which is far superior to the ARRL TravelPlus map interface

The problem is with the web interface. Most people like to get their radios set before they go on a trip, and not have to fool around with programming them while they’re driving or camping out in the mountains with spotty cell coverage. That and working on a 22 inch display is far easier than on a 4.7 inch display, especially in map view.

The web app does not work correctly with IE 10 but it does work with Chrome 29. More importantly, some of the features available in the Android app are not available in the web interface, including sort-by. The web interface returns results seemingly sorted in no particular order. Not location, not call sign, not distance. In addition, I got some query results showing Wisconsin within 15 miles of my Georgia QTH.

The web interface needs some more work. I emailed W2CYK with my concerns and I'll certainly edit this review if I'm shown where I didn't understand something.

W7BNW Rating: 5/5 May 7, 2013 07:24 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: more than 12 months
You will love this app. I have this loaded on my phone, tablet and computer. We take "Road Trips" and camping trips and could not stay in touch without this app. Most up to date repeater software I have ever used.

K2WO Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2013 12:19 Send this review to a friend
RFinder is Fantastic!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am not very active on repeaters, but when traveling I find it very useful to know what repeaters have coverage in the area that I am visiting. The ARRL Repeater is useful, but no where near as accurate or up to date as RFinder. It is up to date and it is VERY intuitive and easy to use. The level of support provided by the author, Bob Greenburg, is unmatched. I thoroughly recommend this product for your iPhone, iPad, Android phone and desktop. Thanks Bob for a great tool.

KD0IPM Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2013 09:17 Send this review to a friend
Awesome!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I love this app especially for long trips. The RT Systems integration is so nice to have!

NJ3D Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2013 14:11 Send this review to a friend
Perfect integration with RT Systems programming software  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've used RT Systems programming software since 2008. Not until RFinder has it become truly useful. I travel across the US extensively, and usually on 2 lane blacktop. The external data provided by RFinder has reduced my programming time by two thirds. I primarily use Dstar, and analog UHF/VHF when I travel, and could not be more pleased with the RFinder product. Elegant design and perfect integration... What could be better?

I was surprised this morning when I received a call from Bob Greenburg himself to answer an email query I sent yesterday! THAT is service.

Thanks Bob and everyone at RFinder!!

KB5FLA Rating: 5/5 Apr 2, 2013 14:44 Send this review to a friend
Must have app  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I consider this a must have app for any ham with an iPhone, iPad or Android phone that can run it. The online version is not as easy to use but was not meant to be the usual way to access the information. On the iPad this is the best way by far to find the repeaters in an area either listing them by distance or putting them on a map. Extremely well done. I have been an iPhone user since the first one came out and I do not say this lightly about apps. If you have something that can run this app then just get it, you will be glad you did. $10 a year is crazy cheap for what this program can do. I have no connection with the company, just a very happy user.

WB2OQQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 1, 2013 13:47 Send this review to a friend
Must Have to Locate Repeaters Worldwide  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bob, W2CYK, gave a very lively presentation of RFinder to the Great South Bay ARC. We Hams have a proud tradition of avoiding paying for software. I made an exception at couldn't be happier parting with $9.99. All the data on Repeaters worldwide is a data base that he and his developers have created. In other words the information is current, accurate and updated constantly. I know that you will agree once you have reviewed RFinder on his website.