Reviews Categories | Ham Software/Apps - Other than logging | RFINDER- The Worldwide Repeater Directory Help

Reviews Summary for RFINDER- The Worldwide Repeater Directory
RFINDER- The Worldwide Repeater Directory Reviews: 20 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $$9.99
Description: The RFinder (RepeaterFinder) Worldwide Repeater Directory is
a steadily growing worldwide repeater directory including
IRLP, Echolink, AllStar, DStar, MotoTRBO, and even Winlink
information. We currently have over 175 countries in the

You can write your own review of the RFINDER- The Worldwide Repeater Directory.

NO6B Rating: 0/5 Mar 11, 2018 19:51 Send this review to a friend
Poor data compared to free on-line sources  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Crowd-sourced repeater databases only work well when the "crowd" is of sufficient size. However, since RFinder's database is apparently only available to those who pay for it, you have to subscribe first to see all the omissions & paper repeaters. RFinder is trying to work with U.S. repeater coordinators to obtain access to their databases, but some coordinators are refusing to play. This means there will be some areas where the repeater data will be badly out of date & inaccurate. Now if RFinder would make their database open access & charge for the app & other tools to facilitate downloading to radios, etc. it could potentially become a good source of repeater data. In the meantime, I recommend free, vetted data sources like RepeaterBook.
KK6YLW Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2018 09:29 Send this review to a friend
Works Like a Charm, Integrates with RT Systems  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I delayed subscribing for over a year (and missed several $9.99 deals along the way because of my procrastination!). Once joined, however, I found RFinder very comprehensive. More importantly, the repeater list updates are automatic. Then there's the added bonus of trip planning in Rfinder and automatically importing into any of the RTSystems software programs with a couple easy button pushes, all from within RT software. Does not get easier than that! I find that kind of speed and convenience important. This is the 21st century, after all. If you use RT software, I strongly recommend your concurrent subscription to RFinder. You will not be disappointed!
W9JH Rating: 1/5 Nov 18, 2017 09:17 Send this review to a friend
No response from developer   Time owned: more than 12 months
I recently sent and resent an email several times asking a simple question about the app. No reply in over two weeks. That was not the case in the past when I asked questions and got fast responses.

Not sure what's going on but that's not good support service.

Hope all is well with the developer.
K7RE Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2017 18:17 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful Value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
As a part time software developer, I admire not only the very useful way that data is presented but the first class support given by Bob.
We are 6 month a year snowbirds, living in an RV. This software is extremely useful to our traveling
Through no fault of his, or the software, I inadvertantly messed up the sign up. I sent a message via EMAIL to Bob. Within 1 HOUR (!) Bob called
me on our Cell phone, and talked us through very patiently on how to straighten things out. Bob was suffering from nasty cold, and his instructions were intermittantly interrupted by coughs. Although he appoligized, it was certailnly not required!

What great support!
KA4GFY Rating: 4/5 Dec 8, 2016 10:19 Send this review to a friend
I stand corrected  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Bob replied to my email early this morning. There is a problem in the software.

With a few quick keystrokes, it is working as it it should.

Thank you sir!!
NJ2E Rating: 1/5 Nov 16, 2016 18:39 Send this review to a friend
Warning on automatic renewals  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have been using RFinder for a year and just received a renewal notice. I did renew and along with the Paypal receipt, I learned that an automatic renewal had been added. No where was this mentioned in the reminder, nor was I warned of this. So be warned.
KA0RSN Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2016 18:29 Send this review to a friend
The Best!   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
You have to get RFinder! If you are like me, you've tried several repeater directory apps, and purchased many "hard copy" listings, only to find that some of the info is incorrect and outdated. I am happy to have found RFinder, because Bob (W2CYK) is constantly updating his app as well as improving it. I love the mapping and export feature that he has implemented. Not to mention, I have had great communication and support when using RFinder. Don't look any further, get RFinder now.
K5ACL Rating: 3/5 Apr 26, 2016 08:50 Send this review to a friend
Needs some work, but ok for basic use  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
A repeater database needs one thing most importantly - being updated on a regular basis! I've only had the chance to program in about 150 repeaters from this website, but almost half of them are out of service.

That's a huge chunk.

Not to mention that when I submitted accurate information months ago to the website to have a VERY popular repeater updated, it never happened. Website still has outdated information on it. This is the problem with most ham websites these days. Keep it updated! Echolink #'s & IRLP numbers are missing from a lot of the repeaters, and some have the wrong PL tone. I like how you can plot the repeaters on a map, but again, there are many repeaters missing or repeaters that need to be removed.

Gave a 3 for the effort. Probably won't spend the $10 again. It also only exports in certain formats, I had to do a little messing around with the exported lists to get them to work w/ my radio programming software.
W4FID Rating: 5/5 Feb 20, 2016 05:22 Send this review to a friend
Very helpful for RV/travel   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This runs nicely on my Android smartphone. The learning curve was quick and easy -- maybe 10 minutes from download till I generated my first spreadsheet I did as a test at HamCation to see what I could hit with an HT from my RV in the camping area. Got all the necessary info -- repeater location on a map with distance from where I was to it, call, frequency, offset, tones, D-Star or analog, EchoLink, etc. We travel in an RV for fun and also some hotels as we visit friends and family. It uses the phone GPS to see where I am then I can use the filters to easily make a list of bands and distance from present location. Choose a few miles for HT with duck or 20 or so miles for a mobile. The really big advantage is it's compatible with the ARRL repeater data base -- the longest running and deepest base out there and with RT Systems programming who have the easiest to use rig programming software. But it's even more current than hard copy data since it's constantly updated -- so it's better than a book. It allows me to edit entries on either my smartphone or my netbook before I dump them into my HT or mobile via RT Systems. I can pull all the repeaters along a route. Or around a location. Dump them into the rig and I'm good to go.
W9VK Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2015 19:21 Send this review to a friend
Great app!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used this app for over a year, in North America and Europe. The listings are amazingly complete: tens of thousands of entries. The app is solid, very easy to use, and very easy to read. Customer service and tech support can't be beat -- turnaround is in a matter of minutes!