Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | RFINDER- The Worldwide Repeater Directory Help

Reviews Summary for RFINDER- The Worldwide Repeater Directory
RFINDER- The Worldwide Repeater Directory Reviews: 15 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $$9.99
Description: The RFinder (RepeaterFinder) Worldwide Repeater Directory is
a steadily growing worldwide repeater directory including
IRLP, Echolink, AllStar, DStar, MotoTRBO, and even Winlink
information. We currently have over 175 countries in the

You can write your own review of the RFINDER- The Worldwide Repeater Directory.

KA0RSN Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2016 18:29 Send this review to a friend
The Best!   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
You have to get RFinder! If you are like me, you've tried several repeater directory apps, and purchased many "hard copy" listings, only to find that some of the info is incorrect and outdated. I am happy to have found RFinder, because Bob (W2CYK) is constantly updating his app as well as improving it. I love the mapping and export feature that he has implemented. Not to mention, I have had great communication and support when using RFinder. Don't look any further, get RFinder now.
AD0JA Rating: 0/5 May 25, 2016 10:16 Send this review to a friend
Just plain terrible  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Information is HORRIBLY out of date for the Midwest USA. All kinds of repeaters are listed that the trustee have become SKs or have been OFF-AIR for OVER 15 years!!!! Interface is horrible, too.

WHY pay for this USELESS data when it can be found for free on the state repeater council websites or on RepeaterBook???

Also, ARRL's partnership with RFINDER just shows how much they know and care about repeaters. They don't know and don't care.
K5ACL Rating: 3/5 Apr 26, 2016 08:50 Send this review to a friend
Needs some work, but ok for basic use  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
A repeater database needs one thing most importantly - being updated on a regular basis! I've only had the chance to program in about 150 repeaters from this website, but almost half of them are out of service.

That's a huge chunk.

Not to mention that when I submitted accurate information months ago to the website to have a VERY popular repeater updated, it never happened. Website still has outdated information on it. This is the problem with most ham websites these days. Keep it updated! Echolink #'s & IRLP numbers are missing from a lot of the repeaters, and some have the wrong PL tone. I like how you can plot the repeaters on a map, but again, there are many repeaters missing or repeaters that need to be removed.

Gave a 3 for the effort. Probably won't spend the $10 again. It also only exports in certain formats, I had to do a little messing around with the exported lists to get them to work w/ my radio programming software.
W4FID Rating: 5/5 Feb 20, 2016 05:22 Send this review to a friend
Very helpful for RV/travel   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This runs nicely on my Android smartphone. The learning curve was quick and easy -- maybe 10 minutes from download till I generated my first spreadsheet I did as a test at HamCation to see what I could hit with an HT from my RV in the camping area. Got all the necessary info -- repeater location on a map with distance from where I was to it, call, frequency, offset, tones, D-Star or analog, EchoLink, etc. We travel in an RV for fun and also some hotels as we visit friends and family. It uses the phone GPS to see where I am then I can use the filters to easily make a list of bands and distance from present location. Choose a few miles for HT with duck or 20 or so miles for a mobile. The really big advantage is it's compatible with the ARRL repeater data base -- the longest running and deepest base out there and with RT Systems programming who have the easiest to use rig programming software. But it's even more current than hard copy data since it's constantly updated -- so it's better than a book. It allows me to edit entries on either my smartphone or my netbook before I dump them into my HT or mobile via RT Systems. I can pull all the repeaters along a route. Or around a location. Dump them into the rig and I'm good to go.
W9VK Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2015 19:21 Send this review to a friend
Great app!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used this app for over a year, in North America and Europe. The listings are amazingly complete: tens of thousands of entries. The app is solid, very easy to use, and very easy to read. Customer service and tech support can't be beat -- turnaround is in a matter of minutes!
M0AZE Rating: 5/5 Oct 3, 2015 13:24 Send this review to a friend
Super product and support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I entered Rfinder via RT Systems programming software for my IC92D. Rather than buy one of the newer ICOM radios the issue for me was keeping abreast of new repeaters including D Star thus RT Systems.

Let me repeat on behalf of RFinder download the app whether via Google or Apple. I didn't. Not to worry Bob of RFinder sent me his UK based telephone number on Saturday evening. I had a conversation with him and he got me working straight away.

Products are only great and worthy of 5 stars when support is first class.

Thank you Bob I really appreciate your dedication and customer support and your sense of humour!

W7ACO Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2015 05:11 Send this review to a friend
GREAT Software  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using Rfinder a long time over 7 years, if I recall correctly. Love the Android app. Bob has done a great job in manipulating a large database of repeaters. The routing software feature is very helpful on trips, love it. Is it perfect, no. However it is better than anything else available. The one thing that sets this apart from from any other HAM product is the customer service, it seems like Bob is there 24X7 and has helped me many time within minutes not days like most other companies. Excellent thanks Bob.
VE3BOC Rating: 5/5 Oct 27, 2014 22:01 Send this review to a friend
Very Impressed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just got Rfinder for my computer and am very impressed with both the layout and the quality of information contained. Worth the money.
KE4EQA Rating: 2/5 Sep 19, 2013 20:44 Send this review to a friend
Android fine - web needs work  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The mobile app (including Android) is obviously where most of the developer's effort has gone. It works fine and the database seems to be comparable to ARRL's in quantity and quality. A plus is that it uses Google maps which is far superior to the ARRL TravelPlus map interface

The problem is with the web interface. Most people like to get their radios set before they go on a trip, and not have to fool around with programming them while they’re driving or camping out in the mountains with spotty cell coverage. That and working on a 22 inch display is far easier than on a 4.7 inch display, especially in map view.

The web app does not work correctly with IE 10 but it does work with Chrome 29. More importantly, some of the features available in the Android app are not available in the web interface, including sort-by. The web interface returns results seemingly sorted in no particular order. Not location, not call sign, not distance. In addition, I got some query results showing Wisconsin within 15 miles of my Georgia QTH.

The web interface needs some more work. I emailed W2CYK with my concerns and I'll certainly edit this review if I'm shown where I didn't understand something.
W7BNW Rating: 5/5 May 7, 2013 07:24 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: more than 12 months
You will love this app. I have this loaded on my phone, tablet and computer. We take "Road Trips" and camping trips and could not stay in touch without this app. Most up to date repeater software I have ever used.