Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | RF Applications P-3000 Help

Reviews Summary for RF Applications P-3000
RF Applications P-3000 Reviews: 9 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $$299.00
Description: RF Applications P-3000 2500W meter
More info: http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/P-3000.htm

You can write your own review of the RF Applications P-3000.

N8ERM Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2007 07:58 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: more than 12 months
These units are fantastic. I have three of them. They follow my Bird-43 perfectly. These are bringing close to the original selling price. Funny some one said they are out of business because I just talked with them last week. You may buy the new Alpha but that is too much money for me. I have a friend that has the Alpha and the P-3000 has exactly the same reading. I run my PTT line through the amp safety line in these units. That way my rig will shut down if the reflected power is too high. I am selling my extra one as they are trouble free.
73, Terry N8ERM

G0UUT Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2006 00:50 Send this review to a friend
very happy  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
well made .
i like the way it work it is a workhorse for RF Apps .
i like to thank VINE ANTENNA FOR SELLING THIS NICE UNIT
and as well to Jay from arraysolutions
for sending me the manual good company thank you
RON AND JAY

WX0B Rating: 5/5 Aug 5, 2005 09:41 Send this review to a friend
P3000 Discontinued  Time owned: more than 12 months
Recalibrate your P-3000, the manual should show you how to do this if you find it is off. The meter has been a workhorse for RF Apps but discontinued and RF Apps is now out of business.
Please see the next generation watt meters that replace the RF Applications products

N4RAP Rating: 3/5 Aug 5, 2005 08:12 Send this review to a friend
Okay I guess  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a beautiful piece of equipment and is very user frindly. I agreee, with another reviewer, that you can't use this thing to tuner your amplifier or antenna tuner. Therefore,if you have one of these, you're going to need to have two Watt meters in line, anyway. Now I know that the MFJ brandname doesn't necessarily indicate the highest in quality or accuracy, but listen to this. The wattmeter in the MFJ 986 antenna tuner reads 600 to 800 Watts on my Ameritron AL 80A, when the P 3000 reads 1.3KW It's just hard for me to believe. Since I'm not pushing the amp hard at all I jst can't believe those power ratings. Also every radio that I put on the meter reads that it's putting out between 125 and 157 Watts! Even my Kenwood TS 830 with the bad tubes!!! I just think that the Wattmeter in this thing is way too liberal.

You know if I really push my AL 80A, the P 3000 reads 1.5KW and I just don't think the AL 80 will do that much. And the whole time my MFJ antenna tuner/meter is reading 800 to 850 Watts.

N4RAP
Paris, Texas

K9LEO Rating: 5/5 Sep 23, 2004 00:39 Send this review to a friend
GREAT METER  Time owned: more than 12 months
I never had a better and more accurate meter. I use it with my TEN-TEC Centurion Amplifier. RF-Applications made a real good meter.

N5IFI Rating: 3/5 May 25, 2003 13:06 Send this review to a friend
P-5000  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Cons
1. Out of the box calibration was way off. My TL 922 was doing 2000w. After doing the math the amp couldn't have been producing more than 1300w.
2. The meter is no good for tuning up. If you are used to tuning up with a analog meter you will not like it at all.(If you don't have to tune up at all you might like it.)
3. The meter must be permanantly mounted. It will stand up but tips over very easily.

Pros
1. Nice features. High Swr Relay,Forward Power,Reverse Power,True Power,Forward Volts and Remote Directional Coupler.
2. Peak Power reads very quickly. No need to stretch out syllables to drive the wattmeter up.
3. Easy to read LEDs

I tried to purchase mine with N connectors. I like to use N connectors. The salesman told me that they wouldn't take the power. We argued a little and he finally told me that he knew what he was talking about. I thought I may have been wrong and went ahead and ordered the meter with the pl's. It works fine this way but I would have rather had the N connectors.

KD5NVC Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2002 05:30 Send this review to a friend
Great True Peak Meter  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I read and reviewed ALL the peak reading meters out there. aquired the P-5000 due to the P-3000 being out of stock. Hookup was flawless and instructions complete. Using a calibratied Bird meter, the P-5000 was a match from 50 to 1200 watts. The power percentage indicators are a bit different than an analog meter but much more sensitive, plus having a true peak AND a percentage indicator is great!.

They offer a interface system that can be hooked directly to your computer. You can monitor TWO HF systems at the same time.

The people at Array Solutions are very helpful if you have any questions. I would recommend this or any R.F. Applications system of this type.

KR4JA Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2001 10:56 Send this review to a friend
You need one of these!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is THE best wattmeter on the market due to it's autoranging feature (no slugs/coils to change) and the amp relay high SWR protection line. I've convinced 3 of my friends to buy the meter ( 2-P3000's and 1P-5000 ) and they all love it!!!! The meter is as accurate as a Bird meter when compared side by side (RF Applications has a replacement chip to increase the accuracy of older models to that of a Bird meter). If you use an amplifier with expense ceramic tubes, the amp relay protection circuit alone is worth the money for this wattmeter. Array Solutions now markets the RF Application meters (http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/P-3000.htm). Get one, you'll wonder why it took you so long to buy one :-)

W9QX Rating: 5/5 Sep 25, 2000 16:31 Send this review to a friend
HAY U GUYS U NEED TO GET ONE OF THESE!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
THE R.F.APPLICATIONS P-3000 DIGITAL WATT METER
GIVES THE MOST BANG FOR THE BUCK IF U INVEST IN ONE OF THESE UNITS IT IS ALL THE METER U WILL EVER NEED READS FORWORD - VSWR - LINE VOLTAGE
- PERCENTAGE OF POWER OUT- FOR YOUR OWN GOOD BEFORE