Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Zerofive Antennas 27 foot 10-40 meter Multi-Band Vertical Help

Reviews Summary for Zerofive Antennas 27 foot 10-40 meter Multi-Band Vertical
Zerofive Antennas 27 foot 10-40 meter Multi-Band Vertical Reviews: 11 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $279.00
Description: The 27 foot 10-40 meter Multi-Band Vertical antenna is a freestanding vertical element. This vertical antenna has no lossy traps or coils to burn out. It has super wide bandwidth. It is designed for HOA and deed restricted hams that require a stealth antenna. No radials are required.
More info: http://www.zerofive-antennas.com/27-foot-10-40-meter-no-radial-stealth-foldover-multiband-vertical-antenna-5kw-unun

You can write your own review of the Zerofive Antennas 27 foot 10-40 meter Multi-Band Vertical.

W9RTB Rating: 5/5 Jul 25, 2017 17:56 Send this review to a friend
IT WORKS PERIOD  Time owned: more than 12 months
After being off the air for about 5yrs, I got the bug again. So back up went the 31ft vertical. If you look at QRZ.com you will see that I have very limited space for an antenna. Itís a townhome ( Yes I did win the battle with the HOA 8 yrs ago.). I donít run an amp, just 100w. I have about 16 radials from about 6í to 25í in length and two 5ft ground rods. I use a Balun Design UNUN and the LDG RT-100 tuner at the base of the antenna. The RT-100 tunes 10-40m wth no SWR higher than 1.2 to 1.
There are many postings about Tomís quality and support, all are true. Bottom line it works. I just worked 7V5J Algeria on 14.247 today , got a 59 report. Yes it did take time to work through the pile-up, but the QSO was made.
Radioís may come and go, but the Zero Five will stay.

KD6IWA Rating: 5/5 Aug 24, 2016 04:44 Send this review to a friend
At Last! I'm On The Air! For Real!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
i live in an hoa community. i saw my friend post some pictures of his zerofive 43 foot antenna on facebook. this might be the antenna for me. i started asking him questions. then i visited zerofive's website. i saw the 27 footer. i also looked at force12. my daughter got me the 27 footer for father's day (after i texted her the link to zerofive's website). it took me a while, but when i finally got to assembling and putting it up, i followed the instruction to the letter. talked to tom, a9kw, a couple of times. he was very helpful. got it ground mounted on a 2inch od pipe in between two palm trees and a tall tree. i experimented on paint schemes to make it blend with the trees. works well with my ts480's internal tuner (6-80). not a pile-up buster but now my 100 watts can be heard - zl, yb, vk. no europe yet but soon, i hope. picks up noise but at this point all that matters is i can hear and can be heard. definitely a huge step up from the hamstick-on-the-balcony-railing set up. thanks tom. no regrets.

WA4EFS Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2016 14:53 Send this review to a friend
Exceeded expectations  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My situation is similar to others, small lot--no room for a dipole, HOA restrictions--can't have a beam, etc. My thought was a small vertical would be the best I could do. As others have noted, Tom (N9ZV) was very helpful in answering questions.

The ZeroFive 27 foot 10-40 meter vertical has far exceeded expectations. My wife Becky (N4EFS) received her General ticket in mid June and worked over 100 countries, including all continents, in less than one month. Signal reports have been consistently better than we had hoped.

The physical quality is excellent as well.. I am very pleased with this antenna.

Lloyd (WA4EFS)

NG2O Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2016 08:59 Send this review to a friend
Great vertical choice  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I live in a windy salt-water environment. I can't put up a tower here (its a townhouse). But I do look over salt water, and consequently I prefer verticals. I have had Cushcraft R8s (yes, two of them) and R6000, and 130 foot OCFs, etc. The trouble with the R8 and others is that there is too much to go wrong - traps, all the separate element pieces, etc. So I bought the Zero Five 27 foot ground plane to mount on the corner of my roof. I don't know why I didn't do this years ago. Its a single telescoping element, with a very substantial insulator base. Simple, strong, little to break or corrode. I feed it through a MFJ 300 watt remote tuner located right at the base of the element. Its only been up a few days, but it seems to perform as well as, if not better, than the R8. I always thought that the R8 performed as well as any multi-band vertical, but there was always an electrical or mechanical problem. Hopefully, that will not be the case with this Zero-FIve gem. BTW, I also bought the "universal" tilt over base from Zero-Five, and mounted it on a 2 inch mast. It is well made, very solid, and raising the 27 foot vertical with it was a breeze.

K4DZQ Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2016 13:29 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Buy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Do not have a great deal of experience with vertical antennas. Had a 20 mtr vertical awhile ago and didn't have great results, but I was attracted to ZEROFIVE and the comments I read. Tom made it a great experience and the results speak for themselves. I have no second thoughts about the entire experience. The antenna performance is all that I can ask for. I use it primarily as an antenna for my KX-3 and 50 Watt Hardrock AMP. It is important to put down all of the radials that you can.. It will only serve to improve performance.

K7LNP Rating: 5/5 Aug 26, 2014 14:41 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding!!!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This antenna fit the bill since I had such a small area to mount it in. It is in a tight area, an old dog run between a fence and brick garage, and it works Outstanding!!! Tom was so helpful with the questions I had, just plain outstanding service!!! This antenna is extremely well made, top notch craftsmanship, and materials. Took me about 1 hour to get it assembled and up. Been working tons of stations, without any radials!!! Tom - Again, Thank you for all the assistance, and knowledge you bring!!! 73's

N0AXE Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2014 13:03 Send this review to a friend
excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had this antenna up for 3 days now and I am getting 5000+ mile contacts with zero radials.
Fantastic craftsmanship and the customer service is top notch.
My FT-950 internal tuner will get it to 1.1:1 on any HF band.
My signal reports have been 59 from all worked stations.

N3WMC Rating: 5/5 Nov 7, 2013 10:44 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Antenna and Support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Usually don't do reviews but this antenna is very well made. Put it on a 2" OD water pipe and it is like a tank.Well packaged and only took about an hour to complete from unboxing to testing. I suggest you follow Tom's guideline sheet. I talked to him on 2 seperate occasions and he is great to work with. Have already made numerous contacts and am looking forward to the contest season to put it through its paces.

AC9FM Rating: 5/5 Oct 31, 2013 07:36 Send this review to a friend
Well built antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this antenna to put on my 24X40 pole barn that has a metal roof. It tunes 10-40 with the built-in tuner of my TS-590S with no problem. I've only had it a few months but have been presently surprised with the performance. No I'm not going to claim that it can bust the pile-ups like a KW and a beam but it does very well for me and my 100 Watts, even with my 200ft of coax. Japan on 10M was a nice surprise too :-)

N5LN Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2013 17:02 Send this review to a friend
I'm impressed.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this antenna to use while camping in my motorhome. I instal it in a "Flag Pole" Buddy mounted on the rear ladder. It was a little bulky at first to set it in the Buddy but I got the hang of it. This is a real quality, machine shop quality, product. The rig is an IC-2200 with the LDG AT-200. It is a great combination,too. While in Big Bend National Park, I made over 100 contacts with excellent reports. Tom, N9ZV, could not be more helpful. Highly Recommened.