Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | RepeaterBook android app Help

Reviews Summary for RepeaterBook android app
RepeaterBook android app Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $$0
Description: RepeaterBook - The Free Repeater App for the USA and Canada.
Powered by the popular community database of
RepeaterBook.com and software of ZBM2.com RepeaterBook
enables you to easily find repeaters across the USA and
Canada, for free and without a network connection.
More info: http:///play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zbm2.repeaterbook

You can write your own review of the RepeaterBook android app.

N1KK Rating: 4/5 Nov 2, 2016 06:02 Send this review to a friend
App works Good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I did notice some difference in the accuracy of
the database between the Repeaterbook and the New England Repeater Directory for a 222MHz listing with
the New England Repeater Directory being correct.
But in general I like the App for its ease of use.

Con: The BlueCat is 4x the cost of what you can find on
ebay.

A nice alternative would be to purchase the app for around $0.99-$1.99 and use a cheaper Bluetooth
interface.

Ken

WB4M Rating: 4/5 Jul 22, 2016 07:13 Send this review to a friend
Great concept  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
What would be great if this app and dongle worked with 2m/440 mobile rigs instead of a few HF rigs. Also, this app, if used with the BlueCat dongle, will eat up the data use on your cellphone unless you can connect to WI-FI, or have unlimited data use, as you drive down the interstate. But the concept is great, very useful and also a safety factor for mobile use. The BlueCat dongle is ridiculously overpriced, I don't see how they sell any of them.

WC4R Rating: 5/5 May 25, 2016 15:56 Send this review to a friend
Superb  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have no need for the CAT interface but the app is awesome. A must have.

AD0JA Rating: 5/5 May 25, 2016 10:21 Send this review to a friend
Can't beat the price!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Not only is it up-to-date, but it's FREE!! How can you beat that??

The GPS auto location capability is super handy on Android.

Also, the ability to export to CHIRP is really great, too.

VE4DXR Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2015 05:36 Send this review to a friend
Great to have!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recently ordered the BlueCat for my 857d to use on my long drive from Winnipeg, MB to Dayton, OH. The unit arrived within a week. Using my Samsung Note 4 I open RepeaterBook click on a repeater in the list and the radio instantly tunes to the repeater frequency and its offsets and settings.
Its a very convenient product for anyone who spends many hours driving in new metropolitan areas. Customer support is excellent too. Thank you BlueCat!

N4SRN Rating: 5/5 Sep 27, 2014 06:54 Send this review to a friend
Yaesu FT-857 EZ Tuning  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently installed the Repeaterbook Android app on a NEXUS 7 and the BlueCAT adapter on my Yaesu FT-857D with ATAS-120A antenna and Larsen 2m/70cm antenna.

The configuration works perfectly and as expected. As I drive along, the app shows nearby repeaters, as selected by band and type in the settings. One touch on the screen, and the FT-857D is tuned with proper settings.

Yes, the adapter is expensive, and takes about 2 weeks to receive from the UK. I've paid more for HAM stuff that works less, or not at all. It meets my need, and I'm 100% satisfied.

KD8WZS Rating: 3/5 Mar 21, 2014 18:08 Send this review to a friend
App is great, hardware is overpriced  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The app itself works fantastic.

One flaw though, I'd love to buy the BlueCAT interface but it's WAY overpriced and must be ordered from overseas. It's a box with a bluetooth to serial adapter in it, about $10 worth of parts.

It took me five minutes to cobble together a bluetooth CI-V interface, but RepeaterBook will only connect to an official BlueCAT. I'd happily pay a fee (sure as heck not $100) to unlock the app so that it would connect to any bluetooth serial device.

WA2TTP Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2014 10:15 Send this review to a friend
Great App  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I loaded this on my phone the other day and took a short trip last night from Saratoga NY over to Verona NY about 100 miles. The program kept perfect track of the local repeaters the whole way. This will be handy when I drive to Florida.

Kudo's to the programmers.

N0FPE Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2013 10:08 Send this review to a friend
excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
great app

WM4RB Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2013 05:37 Send this review to a friend
Great App for hams  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this app for a year or longer and find it very useful.