Reviews Categories | Books/Manuals/Videos/PodCasts on ham radio | Canadian Amateur Radio Basic Qualification Study Guide Help

Reviews Summary for Canadian Amateur Radio Basic Qualification Study Guide
Canadian Amateur Radio Basic Qualification Study Guide Reviews: 1 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $45.00
Description: Written by John Cleveland-Iliffe VA3JI, Geoffrey Read Smith VA3GS, and Stanley M. Smith VE3DDX. Published by Coax Publications Inc.
More info: http://www.coaxpublications.ca

You can write your own review of the Canadian Amateur Radio Basic Qualification Study Guide.

VA3CDG Rating: 4/5 Apr 9, 2013 11:13 Send this review to a friend
A must have.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
When I studied for my certification exam I did so by memorizing the regulations, and doing mock exams until I was consistently scoring 80% and above. At the time I did not really have a club around and I've always been a bit of a loner.

I really wish I had gotten this book at that time. It would have accelerated my enjoyment of the hobby by quite a bit.

All the info in this book is of course available from many other sources. However, the presentation and natural flow of this book wonderful for learning. Especially for complete n00bs. An absolute MUST for any study curriculum by a club or other organization.

Good quality soft cover. Excellent value at 45 bucks in this day'n'age. Only reason for the 4 is that they no longer include the CD-ROM with additional resources. You have to log into a website on-line for this. When not purchasing direct there is a process by which you have to obtain a login via e-mail.

Get this book even if you already have your Basic and are looking for a refresher as you get into other parts of the hobby, or are looking to upgrade to Advanced. You will not regret it.