Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | Remoterig RRC-Micro PC-Client 1274A Help

Reviews Summary for Remoterig RRC-Micro PC-Client 1274A
Remoterig RRC-Micro PC-Client 1274A Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.7/5 MSRP: $194
Description: As a complement to the hardware based Remoterig system there is also a PC-based client software which can be used instead of the RRC-1258 at the control side. This is convenient for those who for example travel and want to remote control the radio from a laptop from many different places.
More info: http://www.remoterig.com/wp/?page_id=28

You can write your own review of the Remoterig RRC-Micro PC-Client 1274A.

W5GV Rating: 4/5 May 25, 2015 12:42 Send this review to a friend
Try Demo First!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've been fighting this product for 2-3 months. It works great with Ham Radio Deluxe however, it does not play well with DM780, the digital software included with HRD. The only way I could get it to work with DM780 is to download software called Virtual Audio Cable (VAC). VAC is a free download to try out and if it works for you then it's $35 to purchase.

One thing to note is if you choose to use the built in soundcard included with the dongle and select that in HRD, audio will only play through the speaker jack on the dongle. That confused me for quite a while as I had no audio yet the system showed audio present. I solved the problem by plugging in an external speaker to the speaker jack on the dongle. It was a duh moment.

Another issue I have had is it seems like every time Windows does an update I have to go into Control Panel\Programs find the Microbit Virtual Serial Port Driver, right click and select repair.

Another problem is with the network setting in the Remoterig RRC-Micro PC-Client 1274A. I installed it with a regular cabled network connection and Wi-Fi running at the same time. Later I disconnected the network cable and the software wouldn't start. If gave me an error that the network connection wasn't available and gave me some other selections including Wi-Fi. The only problem was it wouldn't let me select anything. I ended up plugging the network cable back in, rebooting the laptop, and then going into the software and selecting Wi-Fi. The I could unplug the network cable. If you are installing this on a laptop to take with you anywhere select Wi-Fi as your network or leave the network cable unplugged while installing the software and it will default to your Wi-Fi interface.

I'm using an HP Stream 13 laptop running Windows 8 and that may be part of my problem so your mileage may vary.

In sum it works great with HRD, not so great with DM780 for digital without the VAC software. There are several users on the Remoterig forum that have had similar issues. DM780 doesn't pick up any of the audio from your PC or the dongle soundcard. It's just dead. You can make a buy a cable to plug into the speaker jack of your PC or dongle and plug the other end into the microphone input on your PC and reconfigure DM780 to listen to the mic input. Not a very elegant solution. I have not tried it but some users have.

I suggest you download the demo version of Remoterig RRC-Micro PC-Client 1274A and play with it. The demo version lasts 30 days and will give you a chance to try it out and get it working on RX. If you get it working on the receive side then TX should be no problem.

If you want to run digital such as PSK31 then try your radio control software. If you can't get it working then download the trial version of VAC. If that gets you working then purchase the Remoterig RRC-Micro PC-Client 1274A and away you go. Once you get the dongle you are presented with more soundcard choices to merrily reconfigure everything.

K0MDD Rating: 2/5 Mar 5, 2014 07:26 Send this review to a friend
Fragile Software  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been using this for voice and digital since I received it about a week ago. The hardware side of the product (the dongle) appears to be robust, but the software is very fragile. As long as everything is working right, everything's ok, but it does not handle error conditions well. I get a message that it can't find my network card, but then gives me the opportunity to select my network card, which I have to do each time. I also get random "object not found" errors when I boot the software up and the only way to clear them is to unplug the dongle and plug it back in.

The current release of software is actually a beta release, which means it's not fully tested. You aren't given the opportunity to select an older "production" release. Forcing your customers to be your beta test team is not an acceptable or quality practice.

Bottom line is that the product idea is great. The idea of having a dongle with a PTT switch makes sense. But, until they spend some time improving their software, I don't consider it "release ready"

KK4GAF Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2013 04:59 Send this review to a friend
Another great Remoterig product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received my Micobit Remoterig RRC-Micro PC-Client
[1274A]. The 1274A is a must have if your running a RRC-1258 MkII setup. I have the RRC Micro client software running on two different computers. One is my Lenovo S9 and the other is a smaller PSIXPDA from the UK running Windows 7. I am running it with a shorter USB to Mini USB cable. I setup the software to use the mic and speaker built into my Lenovo S9. It works perfect, as I checked into a local ragchew on 10 meters. And got great comments on the audio quality.