Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | Alpha 8410-8406 Monitor by AE9K Help

Reviews Summary for Alpha 8410-8406 Monitor by AE9K
Alpha 8410-8406 Monitor by AE9K Reviews: 7 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Free
Description: The Alpha 8410-8406 Monitor application displays numerous amplifier operational and performance parameters. It also offers a limited degree of remote control. The monitor is a means for utilizing the telemetry capabilities of an 8410 or 8406 amplifier without the need to manually send commands and parse the cryptic responses. The monitor also replaces your paper tune and load chart with one that tracks band switch changes. The Alpha 8410 and 8406 amplifiers are products of RF Concepts.
More info: http://www.ae9k.com/alpha-8410/alpha-8410-8406-monitor

You can write your own review of the Alpha 8410-8406 Monitor by AE9K .

W9XY Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2017 17:23 Send this review to a friend
More Than Cool!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Love it, love it, love it!! Thanks to Dan for writing this monitoring software and offering it for free, it really enhances the 8410! I bought a well shielded cable off eBay for less than $4 (with a ferrite choke) and set up the program. I'll admit I was still a little worried that RF might interfere with things or there might be some software lockups or glitches, but it works flawlessly! I'm really enjoying working DX with this rock crusher, but I'm also having fun now visually as I watch it perform on my computer monitor!

WA4HHG Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2015 12:06 Send this review to a friend
A Must Have 8410 Tool!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
An application extremely well implemented ! The 8410 software provides much of the kind of telemetry feedback one might expect from a professional broadcast transmitter. There is a clear trail of program upgrades and bug fixes.

While I may prefer my unmodified ETO built Alpha 86 over the 8410, this application almost convinces me to put aside the 8410 objections.

WH7W Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2015 22:43 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding complement to the 8410 amp  Time owned: more than 12 months
Dan has done a killer job with his monitor program. My operating position is tight and the amp takes up much of the desktop real estate. I have found it much easier to launch his program and keep it up on the computer monitor as I operate. Tuning the amplifier is now a minimal distraction when I change bands. The process is much quicker and efficient as a result.

The small window option is a great feature as he includes the band specific LOAD/TUNE settings and just added the BAND SWITCH info with Version 1.6.8.

Dan has done an excellent job with the documentation on his website as well including the 8410 HV monitoring issue he worked out.

Lastly, Dan has been very responsive to suggestions. We amateur radio operators owe much thanks to guys who put in large chunks of their own time to write/support/update software--and charge nothing for it.

VE6AMI Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2014 21:00 Send this review to a friend
Free Software Gift  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Thank you Dan for the great software platform for the Alpha 8410 Amplifier! How many other amps on the market have a USB link and a great PC based monitor. Absolutely wonderful for remote internet operation.

K9CRT Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2013 16:51 Send this review to a friend
A Must Have  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This was an unexpected bonus and I might add free bonus I discovered after ordering my 8410. This is a must have IMO I never power my 8410 on without it. I found the d/l and installation extremely painless and in 5 min it was up and running reporting everything going on with my amp. After checking the calibration of the wattmeter in the 8410 with my 2500 w Bird slug I found the Alpha wattmeter agreed. It saved me from ordering a LP Pan as I now have the wattmeter fwd,ref, peak pep along with tons of information with this FREE program on my computer screen which can run in the background or pull it up. After sending a email thanking the author within an hour he replied with a couple of tips making this program even easier to run.

N3EON Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2013 02:58 Send this review to a friend
Great Asset  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
AE9K's software for the Alpha 8410 provides a window into a wide range of performance data and significantly enhances the overall operating experience. I had some problems installing the software. Dan, AE9K, patiently walked me through each stage on the phone and answered many basic questions about the software's functionality. Once installed, the software can power on and off the amp as well as create a log of faults. This has been a valuable learning experience and I am grateful for Dan's assistance. I encourage all 8410 users to take advantage of this wonderful software.

K7PI Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2013 09:58 Send this review to a friend
Extremely useful and well designed. A must for use with an 8410  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
There is only so much information provided by the LED bar graphs on the front of an 8410 amplifier. Many other parameters are measured inside the amplifier and available via USB. The raw USB telemetry data is cryptic. This software reads this real-time data and displays it on a nicely organized screen. Both current time and maximum operational and performance parameters are shown. Users can also enter there own tuning charts which display upon change in band switch position. A separate window displays static data and amplifier serial/firmware identification. The software is easy to install and use and is a valuable asset when using 8410 amplifier.