Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | PCS Associates Help

Reviews Summary for PCS Associates
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: We are a professional radio sales and service company. Since 2005 we have been servicing special customers and their radio equipment needs. We provide commercial, military, and consumer services. We specialize in Watkins Johnson radio equipment but also service other premium equipment. We provide evaluation, repair, restoration, and alignment services. Restoration services are available using original or off the shelf replacement parts. We use the equipment that we service in the field.
More info: http://www.pcs-associates.com/

You can write your own review of the PCS Associates.

WI0H Rating: 5/5 Apr 30, 2013 11:02 Send this review to a friend
Top notch!  Time owned: months
My Watkins Johnson 8718A receiver had seen better days. Not only was the battery dead, but the radio had also developed a bad crackling noise in the broadcast band part of the spectrum. I decided to give PCS Associates a call, and received a return call from Steve Pappin a few hours later. It was pretty obvious to me that this guy knew these radios inside and out, and that this was the guy to bring this old beast back to its former glory.

I got an email from Steve about 10 business days later advising me on what he'd found, and advising me on what my options were. He even included pictures of my radio on the bench getting the once over. I told him how I'd like to proceed, and he did so with an exacting attention to detail that I did not expect. The radio was returned to me about ten days later, well packed and ready to take its place back in the shack.

If you have a Watkins-Johnson receiver that could use some work, I wouldn't hesitate to give Steve a call. He'll give you top notch work, fair rates, and a quick turn around time on your gear. Highly recommended.