Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | K6TU Propagation Help

Reviews Summary for K6TU Propagation
K6TU Propagation Reviews: 11 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $29.99
Description: Prediction - The original type; generates predictions and
formats them with one page per band/hour.

Inverse Prediction - NEW! Generates a set of predictions of
what you can expect to HEAR. You select your station
configuration as the RECEIVE configuration and then specify
the configuration for the typical station you look to work
including their output power level as the TRANSMIT
configuration. Generally propagation is symmetric if all the
path is in daylight. This prediction type is helpful for
planning DXpeditions where the antennas and power levels are
asymmetric.

Contest Strategy - NEW! Generates predictions with four
bands displayed for each hour of day and night on a single
page. Intended for contest planning and supports 80-15 for
night hours and 40-10 for day hours.

Log Analysis - NEW! Select this prediction type to analyze
your Log AFTER a contest! Upload your log when you configure
this prediction type and a set of prediction maps overlaid
with your actual contacts will be produced. Useful for
comparing what you worked against your contest plan.
More info: http://k6tu.net

You can write your own review of the K6TU Propagation.

K0AV Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2014 09:01 Send this review to a friend
Brilliant work by K6TU - I love it!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A couple of days ago I set up an account for K6TU Propagation.

I ran some contest strategy models for an upcoming trip to DX location.

Obviously, I was wondering if the predictions would correlate to the real world. In other words, ARE THESE PREDICTIONS VALID?

So I analyzed a log from a prior QRP effort from TI5A (2011) in CQWW CW contest.

Wow! I would never have believed it - if I hadn't seen how closely the QSO's matched the model. I am convinced the model you are using is extremely VALID.

I also learned that the light blue (S-3) areas can definitely sustain a high QSO rate -- i.e. not marginal at all.

I am a visual person - and the contest strategy sheets will be of tremendous value while I am planning (and faced with tough choices in mid-contest, while fatigued).

Anyway, K6TU's work on this project is brilliant.

In just two days I have already got more than my $29.99's worth.

K6MKF Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2014 06:33 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding DX Propagation Tool  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using the K6TU.NET propagation tools for about two years now. These tools are extremely useful to me in chasing DX. For instance, for the recent Tromelin Island DXpedition, I generated a propagation summary chart that showed me the best operating times by band. With this guidance I was able to work FT4TA on 40-15M. When I mapped my QSOs back to my K6TU.NET chart, then were all "on the money"! K6TU.NET gives the DXer accurate and useful information, and I think it's an excellent value for the money.

KY6R Rating: 5/5 Aug 9, 2014 14:41 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have been using Stu's service to create propagation maps between Heard Island and the World. Dean, N6BV created HFTA files for our operating locations, and I am using an "antenna.13" file for my own personal "DX-er" location.

The fact that Stu brings together HFTA and antenna.13 data and combines it with VOACAP is something no one else does as far as I know.

This means its as accurate as it can be, and solid enough to use for planning DX-peditions - OR - for the DX-er to plan his or her antenna stragey based on an upcoming DX-pedition.

Simply a remarkable product and service! And Stu is one heck of a nice guy too.

N6GEO Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2014 07:12 Send this review to a friend
Great for planning vacations  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
We planned a vacation to operate Radio Reef in St Croix, and coming from the West Coast we didn't know what to expect for Caribbean propagation. We operated the ARRL RTTY RU and used Stu's service for contest strategy and we were quite pleased. A nitpicking comment is that the file sizes generated are too big and it made it difficult to email predictions back and forth as we planned our trip.

KF2T Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2014 10:29 Send this review to a friend
A Bargain  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Easy to use, speedy, and accurate. All for less than a cup of coffee each month. There are new ones in my log thanks to K6TU!

Stu is a great guy and a tremendous support. He responds quickly and professionally with well-considered and helpful advice. He's a great contributor to the "state of the radio art."

K0MD Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2013 13:30 Send this review to a friend
Simply Amazing!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received an email invitation to try the K6TU a few months ago. It is simply amazing!

You can tailor the settings to what you have at your QTH. You can run predictions for any HF band except 160 for any time of day and month. The tool predicts HF propagation to various regions of the world based upon the inputted criteria.

I see it adding an extra strategy tool for my DX and domestic contesting. I can revise my game plan before the contest and use the latest science to aid my plan.

It is very user friendly and has great graphics. I commend Stu for designing a fantastic tool!

K6GFJ Rating: 5/5 Oct 21, 2013 13:24 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Propagation Tool  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use the program for my own QTH and generate charts for all bands including WARC. During the recent C82DX operation, I generate a set of charts for both my location and C82DX. The charts confirmed the signal strengths based on the frequency and time of day. The more I use K6TU.NET, the more it has become my primary propagation tool.

IZ8CCW Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2013 01:12 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: months
Very nice and important service, we using also on our dxpedition
Www.mdxc.org/bangladesh2013
Thanks to Stu for cooperation

FG8OJ Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2013 10:42 Send this review to a friend
Great & Simple !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
K6TU Propagation service is a very good idea. I let me organise dxing and optimise wich band I have to use for each time of the day. The based technical solution is not a revolution, VOACAP is not new, but simply use it on a web site is pretty cool !

K7JBQ Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2013 14:48 Send this review to a friend
Great service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've been using this service since last fall. Puts all the prediction info you need into an easy-to-use format.

Well worth the price!