Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | K9JM CI-V Router Help

Reviews Summary for K9JM CI-V Router
K9JM CI-V Router Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $160.00
Description: An intelligent CI-V interface for Icom PW-1 amplifiers.
More info: http://k9jm.com/CIV_Router/CI-V%20Router.html

You can write your own review of the K9JM CI-V Router.

KZ1W Rating: 5/5 Jun 3, 2014 08:50 Send this review to a friend
easy and it works  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I now have two for multi ops, works fine with 756P3s and THP amp+tuner or RigExpert amp and N1MM or DXlab and Bandmasters and SteppIR controller. No glitches and reliable band changing and frequency tracking across the board. I did find that when swapping radios around, the router needs to have no power - both usb and wall wart so it looks for the new radio.

W7TUS Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2013 08:49 Send this review to a friend
Solves the problem Icom didn't solve   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
When I bought my Icom IC-PW1 I also joined the PW1 Discussion Group on Yahoo! By the time the PW1 arrived I had read all about the CI-V issues when using more than one radio. There were several proposed solutions and the quickest one for me to implement was the K9JM CI-V Router. It arrived quickly and I got it up and running with a couple of mornings work. I called Jim a couple of times for clarification and he got back to me quickly with clear and concise answers. The customer service is excellent. I've been using it for about 6 months now and there hasn't been a single glitch. It's like having a 1KW transceiver. I use Ham Radio Deluxe (V6.1) and all I have to do is double click on a spot in their spotting program and the Icom IC-756PROIII, the PW1, the SteppIR antenna all change to the selected frequency/band. I have integrated it with a US Interface Navigator for digital modes and the entire network works without a hitch.

W6DE Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2013 22:31 Send this review to a friend
What a CT-17 should be  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using K9JM CI-V Router over a year now. The CI-V Router is what the CT-17 should have been. The CI-V Router is the computer interface between your computer and your radio/PW-1/antenna.

The K9JM CI-V router is one solution to the problems described in K8UT's web site article: "Riding the CI-V Bus."

I am no longer afraid of frequent band changes when using my ICOM PW-1 and ICOM 756 PRO III radio with a computer logging program. The amount of relay sequences has gone from sometimes two clicks per band change to always being one set of clicks per band change.

The CI-V Router also eliminates the erratic and erroneous band changes that sometimes happened with slight frequency tuning, i.e., when tuning to hear the other station better.

I am very pleased with my PW-1 now simply because the the CI-V Router makes the PW-1 the amplifier it should have been in the first place.