Reviews Categories | Third-party Equipment | 73CNC Weighted KNobs for Ten Tec Products Help

Reviews Summary for 73CNC Weighted KNobs for Ten Tec Products
73CNC Weighted KNobs for Ten Tec Products Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $120.00
Description: Weighted knobs for Ten Tec Orion, Orion II, Omni 7,Omni 6 series and others with ball bearing finger dimple.
More info: http://www.73cnc.com

You can write your own review of the 73CNC Weighted KNobs for Ten Tec Products.

W9JXN Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2014 13:00 Send this review to a friend
Completes the package.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I thought I would pass along a comment on the heavy knobs that I have looked at for years thinking 120 bucks...are you kidding???
I finally decided to try one and oh my gosh! On the Orion II it tops off the package with that solid luxury silky smooth feel that is really
noticeable. Not that the original is that bad but this is pure luxury. I also tried it on the remote encoder and it again gave that solid feel. Even the ball-bearing finger dimple adds that touch of luxury and quality. Since this is your primary interface with the radio I think it is well worth the investment.

Tony - W9JXN

K9USN Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2014 06:21 Send this review to a friend
Worth the cost  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After purchasing one 73CNC weighted knob for my Ten-Tec ORION II main VFO, I compared it to the feel of the factory standard sub-VFO knob which is also good. After operating with both, I have ordered a second 73CNC weighted knob for the sub-VFO.
These weighted knobs are high quality and precision made. For me, they make operating and fine tuning a breeze compared to before. I have also outfitted my Elecraft rigs with these fine weighted knobs. If you get a chance to compare these weighted knobs to standard knobs, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

K6SSS Rating: 5/5 Oct 1, 2013 11:49 Send this review to a friend
What a difference!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
To begin, the 73CNC Weighted Tuning knobs are not just for Ten-Tec; they are available for a variety of difference radios. Mine was for an IC-756 Pro III.
Installation was a piece of cake and in 5 minutes I was ready to test drive my new knob. Very simply -- what a difference it makes! The ultimate tuning test was last weekend's CQ WW RTTY DX Contest. The knob
gives you a silky sense tuning in weak stations. Your fingers feel
a new level of precision and control. Honestly, it puts the original knob (which was very good) in the shade. Since we spend our lives at the radio tuning and searching, the addition of the 73CNC is one of the best $90 investments I've ever made.
It arrived very well packed inside double bubble wrap inside a bed of packing peanuts.

KM4D Rating: 5/5 May 18, 2013 12:33 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received two of Fred and Mikes latest weighted knobs for the Orion II. They have a ball bearing finger dimple similar to several other of 73cnc's knobs. They are simply the best and really adds a real touch of class to a already great radio. I became familiar with the folks at 73cnc with first buying a set of the K3 knobs which have the ball bearing finger dimple and have came to really like the feel and accuracy they add to these fine radio's. Yes, they cost a bit but are very much well worthwhile. Like the saying goes, you get what you pay for, with these being a excellent value to complete the tuning around the bands experience. As usual these folks are excellent to deal with letting you know where and when they will arrive... plus these fine instruments are made here in the U.S.A. Congratulations folks on another wonderful product. Would highly recommend.