Reviews Categories | DC Power Supply Distribution Panels | Red-Dee-2 Connect PS-4T Plus Help

Reviews Summary for Red-Dee-2 Connect PS-4T Plus
Red-Dee-2 Connect PS-4T Plus Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $25.95
Description: Red-Dee-2 Connect Powerpole Splitter with OEM-T power connector is designed to provide a low loss, high current, power distribution. Any pair can be an input with 3 other output pairs. Featuring a Male OEM-T Power Connector.
More info: http://www.powerwerx.com/powerpole-power-distribution/ps-4t-plus-oem-t-male-connector.html

You can write your own review of the Red-Dee-2 Connect PS-4T Plus.

N0FPE Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2013 20:01 Send this review to a friend
Have 2 and work fine  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have a couple of these in my go kit and use them with my portable radio. work fine no problems. I have power poles on all my rigs and have had for 10+ years with no problems. i use the correct tool for crimps and things work fine. A "BUTT" splice cant be disconnected so it is worthless in a portable use. Do it right and the PP are fine.

W6CAW Rating: 0/5 May 20, 2013 13:01 Send this review to a friend
Power Poles Stink!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Power Poles should be called intermitt poles. What a ripoff. A butt connector is 10 cents and does not fall apart.

AE7Q Rating: 4/5 May 19, 2013 23:40 Send this review to a friend
Very convenient  Time owned: more than 12 months
This small adapter allows power distribution in a remote mobile installation, without the need to mount a West Mountain RigRunner in the vehicle. 3.5 years ago, I ran 10ft of 10AWG power cable to the trunk, terminated it with the standard Anderson PowerPole connector pair, and then used this adapter to connect to my Icom mobile radio. Very convenient!

However, a month ago, when the weather started to get warm, I started to experience radio shutdown after the vehicle had been parked in the sun for a few hours. Of course I initially suspected the radio. To make a long story short (documented on the Yahoo! IC-2820H forum), after considerable trouble-shooting and testing (intermittent failures are like that), I isolated the problem to the PS-4T+. I took apart the PS-4T+, slightly bent/crimped the female blade connectors in the T-connector to make a tighter fit, reassembled the unit, and replaced it back into the power path. Obviously, the electrical fit was now much tighter to the radio's power connector. Since then, I have not seen the problem reappear.