Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | AIR BOSS pneumatic antenna launcher Help

Reviews Summary for AIR BOSS pneumatic antenna launcher
Reviews: 8 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $49.95
Description: Launches line into tall trees for erecting wire antennas
More info: http://kr4loairboss.com

You can write your own review of the AIR BOSS pneumatic antenna launcher.

WQ8Q Rating: 5/5 Apr 7, 2014 11:39 Send this review to a friend
Easy-peasy  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Several years ago I bought one of the famous sling-shot type antenna wire launchers at the Dayton Hamvention. I must have been very bad at using it, because my hand ended up all bruised where I didn't get the slingshot aligned quite right, or when it did go right, I never could get the fishing line as high as I wanted it, so I just made do and wherever it landed in the tree, hauled the antenna up to that point.

Undeterred, and thinking I could still do this after waiting all these years for the two trees I planted to get high enough for an antenna, a few months ago I bought the Airboss after watching the online video. Looked easy to me. Received it in no time at all and tried it on my front yard tree, while there were leaves still on the tree. (not the best time to do this) It took me a couple of tries until I realized not only had the lead sinker cleared the tree but had gone completely over the house. I finally had one end of the dipole up really high.
Just yesterday, before the leaves came out on my backyard tree, I decided to put my other end of the dipole up higher. Just one shot, thru some limbs, put the sinker right where I wanted it, pulled the antenna rope up and tied it off. Easy-peasy. The Airboss cost considerably less than the slingshot kit, and I sure wish I'd bought that first!

NC3Z Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2014 16:47 Send this review to a friend
Works like a champ  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just purchased the Airboss the other week and needed to get a line up much higher in a tree than I was bale to with a slingshot. I had maybe a 10' hole in the tree canopy to shoot through to get up an over a 75' tree. Wow, first shot I was able to get through the small opening and clear the tree. Now I am probably a good 30' higher.

The Airboss is simple but highly effective!

W7WQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2014 10:57 Send this review to a friend
Works great  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have an Air Boss and it makes getting wires up and on the air a pretty straight forward job. Recommended. I've seen some real fancy tennis ball launchers that cost several hundred bux. Get this one, use the savings for more coax to hang even more wires!

WA2VUY Rating: 5/5 Jan 29, 2014 17:38 Send this review to a friend
Simplified Wire Antenna Installs  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Works exactly as advertised, simple to use and very effective. Bill advised that larger spools work better. Much better than the sling shot with reel approach (which I have also used)

WD0M Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2013 06:40 Send this review to a friend
Works Like a Champ!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Get the Air Boss if you need a dipole or other wire antenna system hung from the tree tops! I made one practice shot to get familiar with it, then two more, one each over the nearest Ponderosa pine trees, and I now have a 40/20/15/10 meter dipole hanging in the air.

Never has it been so easy to do. I lost my tower and SteppIR 4L in a microburst recently - the dipole will get me through the winter until I can get a new tower/SteppIR. Bill's Air Boss saved the day!

K7NA Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2013 06:09 Send this review to a friend
It Works Great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased an Air Boss antenna line launcher and just yesterday had my first experience with it shooting lines over some 85 foot Douglas Fir trees. Unlike times past when I had to repeatedly shoot a tennis ball launcher to get a line up over the top of a tree, the Air Boss accurately placed lines over two trees with just one shot each time. I use a cheap Shakespeare spinning reel from Walmart and the recommended 30 lb Spiderwire woven fishing line along with the a 2oz sinkers available from the Air Boss manufacturer. I use a simple bike tire pump to pressurize the chamber. Works like a champ! I am impressed. The Air Boss is my new best friend.

KW4CQ Rating: 5/5 Jul 14, 2013 06:13 Send this review to a friend
Great for really tall trees.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have a 100 foot tall Oak tree that was begging for me to use for one end of an 160m OCFD wire dipole antenna. Past attempts to get a line over the top of the tree with a wrist slingshot type launcher proved to no avail. The Air Boss did the job with ease on the first attempt. I charged the pressure chamber to about 40 psi (more than needed for this tree) with my bicycle pump and it cleared the treetop by at least 50 feet, maybe a lot more. The Air Boss is great for the occasional antenna project or for field day use. Get one for your club use and share the cost. A quality designed and manufactured product Made in the USA.

K4JJW Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2013 19:15 Send this review to a friend
works great, good value  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using my Air Boss launcher for over two years at home and at numerous portable locations. It's accurate and easy to use and will launch a pilot line over the tallest trees. The 24" barrel makes for good accuracy and easy aiming. I added an inexpensive fishing reel from Wal-Mart and 20# line along with a swivel wire leader to make it easy to remove the lead sinker and attach my Dacron antenna support line. The pneumatic chamber has a high safety factor and is rated at 280 lbs but I've found that 35-40 lbs is all the pressure that is needed for 80' trees. At home I use a shop air compressor and a small 12vdc automotive tire compressor at portable locations. The Air Boss comes packaged in a rugged 4" dia. PVC shipping container which is handy for protected long term storage and when travelling to portable sites. Great product, gets the job done...safe reliable design, easy to aim, low cost. Highly recommended.