Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | WonderWand WonderLoop Help

Reviews Summary for WonderWand WonderLoop
WonderWand WonderLoop Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $138
Description: Compact qrp portable loop perfect for attaching direct to your ft-817 or qrp transceiver for an easy to use, instant portable hf antenna solution
More info: http://www.wonder-wand.co.uk

You can write your own review of the WonderWand WonderLoop.

PD9W Rating: 3/5 Dec 19, 2013 07:52 Send this review to a friend
IT WORKS!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received my purchased WonderLoop today. Hooked it directly on my Elecraft K1 (5W) and after several attemps I succeeded in making qso with 9A282N (special call) in Croatia. Time: 15:29 UTC. About 1174 km from my qth. WonderLoop used INDOOR!

PD9W

ON4RUB Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2013 09:54 Send this review to a friend
Real little wonder  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Easy tuning from 20m to 6m, easy setup, very small, low noise level, just great.

I just love this little antenna, i use it mainly for digimodes and get great reports with it. It even works great indoor.

Fast and great communication with Carl thru email.
This one is a keeper for me

M0SAZ Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2013 15:27 Send this review to a friend
So far excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been pestering Carl the owner of Wonderwand antennas to commercially produce his protoype loop for some time on the Wonderwand reflector and this year my wish came true!

I ordered one as soon as I could and have so far been impressed and I haven't even used it outside yet. Yesterday I worked S503EO on just 10w from inside the shack.

Being a magnetic loop, the noise floor is low, tuning is not so affected by nearby objects and there is some directional properties to the antenna.

Tuning is very precise due to the high Q of the antenna so a slow, steady hand is needed to get the SWR for a particular frequency down to 1:1 - 1:1.5 typically. When you move more than a few KHz from a tuned frequency, another adjustment is necessary.

There are some who might say the product can be built at home for less which you could say about anything but this looks really good and all the testing has been done so you can just attach it to your radio and start operating.

The loop wire is flexible but retains its shape so you can roll it up and put it in your pocket for a very rapid deployment. I spoke to Carl on the WonderWand reflector who said using a longer loop wire will give you different frequency coverage to the 20m-6m the supplied wire provides.

So far very happy. I have posted some videos on YouTube and will continue to do so when I do something interesting with the neat little antenna. I have used a magmount base and a right angled PL259 connector to make it KX3 friendly - again from advice given on the reflector.