Reviews Categories | DC Power Supply Distribution Panels | Blue Sea Systems 5026 Help

Reviews Summary for Blue Sea Systems 5026
Blue Sea Systems 5026 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $58.72
Description: ST Blade Fuse Block - 12 Circuits with Negative Bus and Cover
More info: http://www.bluesea.com/products/5026

You can write your own review of the Blue Sea Systems 5026.

W9BB Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2014 09:19 Send this review to a friend
Great Product!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have one of these and just bought another for another application. Easy to work with and really secures the power cords to the terminal strips very securely. No more power poles that pop lose, no more insertion from vertical. Low profile, very simple to hook up and mainly, very secure. Would highly recommend these fuse blocks to anyone.

AD5OW Rating: 5/5 Dec 6, 2014 02:42 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used these for several years now. They work great. M shack, red cross station and even my security system are using these. You really don't need to spend more just because it says ham radio on it.

KA3RCS Rating: 5/5 Jun 1, 2013 22:56 Send this review to a friend
Superb DC distribution solution  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
We were looking to upgrade the DC distribution system feeding various equipment in the operating position of our club site. I did a lot of searching, and found the Blue Sea Systems fuse block with 3AG glass fuses here on eHam. I checked out their site and found the blade fuse series, which I liked even better. They offer models with 6 or 12 circuits, with or without a ground bus, and with or without a cover. The 5026 sounded best for our application, as it has 12 circuits, a ground bus, and a cover.

Most of the typical amateur type panels (MFJ, Tenma, etc.) are more expensive than this model, and are not rated to carry nearly enough current. The 5026 handles up to 30 amps per circuit, and 100 amps total. We also had no desire to get into the Power Pole thing at this time, which eliminates a lot of options. This panel can easily accommodate our multiple VHF and UHF radios, as well as several 100 watt HF/6M rigs which are sometimes run simultaneously. It also has enough circuits that we have nothing doubled up yet, even with all the extra accessories (charger for 900 MHz HT, HF automatic antenna tuner, high power car stereo amp, triple lighter socket, etc.) connected. All we needed was an assortment of ring terminals and various sizes of blade fuses.

We previously ran everything from a homebrew distribution block made from a plastic conduit body and two long bolts, with lugs for every load all bolted together. The result was a serious rat's nest of wires, with no fusing for most of the loads. The worst part was trying to connect any additional loads, such as a member's radio brought to the site temporarily. This invariably resulted in the power being cycled to various radios, and sometimes loads randomly stopped working because their lugs (or bare wires!) slipped off of the bolts. This Blue Sea panel has completely eliminated all of that. That original block is now fed from a dedicated 30 amp fuse on the 5026, and none of the permanent loads connect to it at all.

In summary, I could not be more impressed with this panel. It doesn't have any bells and whistles (volt or amp meters, indicator LEDs, RFI filtering, etc.), but it is superb for doing the job of distributing DC power.