Reviews Categories | Microphones | UFlyMike Help

Reviews Summary for UFlyMike
UFlyMike Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$250
Description: This is a plug in electret mic that can be used with the Bose
QC1, QC2 to give your ANC headset a microphone.
More info: http://uflymike.com/

You can write your own review of the UFlyMike.

AJ9C Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2013 04:33 Send this review to a friend
Does the job after one mod  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I didn't want to carry around multiple headsets when I travel for radio adventures so a plug in for the QC1 I have would be perfect. The product is a bit pricey but I think that is because it was originally designed for the aviation industry. In any event I purchased one and was initially disappointed. Had a motor boat sound, feedback and was unusable at higher power levels. The unit is made of aluminum (it is VERY nicely made) and it turns out the metal boom holding the mic was not grounded. Added a ground wire and it works perfect. UFly has been informed of the problem and has instructions for the mod. I think they might have implemented the fix on new production but you would have to check with them on that. Excellent customer service. When I had the problem they shipped a second headset immediately to see if it was a defect and consulted with me via email. The products works like a "5".I could have given it a "4" just because it was a bit pricey but it is great way to turn a Bose ANR headset into a ham usable piece of gear without a lot of fuss or muss.