Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | CDE TR-4 Help

Reviews Summary for CDE TR-4
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$
Description: Antenna Rotor

You can write your own review of the CDE TR-4.

KB8NTY Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2013 10:52 Send this review to a friend
A venerable addition to the CDE line  Time owned: more than 12 months
As an owner of this relic, I had to dig for any information, but it's out there. One of the early rotors from the 50's I wish I held up as well as this rotor. Many who only speak from opinion only will say its too light duty and aged. My TR-4 is in pristine condition both inside & out. Actually it has a slightly stronger drive train mechanically than the Ham M/II. The final gear set driving the ring gear is a triple-stack steel configuration where as the Ham M/II is a double-stack. It is a 4-wire configuration and my particular control is with a meter, but no degree scale. Light-duty! I will say NO....my TR-4 is on a 35' mast turning a Mosley TA-33SR with WARC element addition and works just like the big boys, taking on Cleveland winters and Lake Eire N-W winds. If you come across one do not shy away or be scared or intimidated...based on my personal experience it is a keeper and usually found at discounted pricing...73