Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Palm Pico Paddle Help

Reviews Summary for Palm Pico Paddle
Palm Pico Paddle Reviews: 21 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $85 euros
Description: The smallest paddle in series production in the world.
More info: http://www.palm-radio.de/english/eppaddle.html

You can write your own review of the Palm Pico Paddle.

W2TAC Rating: 5/5 Aug 18, 2017 10:55 Send this review to a friend
Perfect for the Mountain Topper!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased my LNR Precision MTR3B, 20M/30M/40M Mountain Topper, rig and complemented it with a Palm Pico Paddle and LNR’s EF-MTR 20M/30M/40M Antenna, designed specifically for the MTR3B, thus requiring no tuner. It’s a ton of fun!

The Palm Pico Paddle is an ingenious design and a well-made product. Tiny as it is, it performs superbly and is a joy to use.

One note of warning if you intend to use a Palm Pico Paddle with the MTR3B. With the Palm Pico Paddle connected, my rig initially powered up to straight key mode -- manual "dashes" depressing the left paddle and "nothing" depressing the right paddle. It took me awhile to ascertain the problem wasn't the paddle, the connectors/cable, or the rig -- it's simply the paddle/straight-key setting. Holding the left (dash) paddle while simultaneously powering on the rig, toggles the rig between paddle and straight key mode (and vice versa).

I created a page on my ham radio website devoted to the Mountain Topper. It contains photos, my hiking and driving go-kit lists with links to all references -- https://sites.google.com/site/w2taccw/mountain-topper . At that page, you can find step-by-step photos and information on how I “married” the Palm Pico Paddle to the Mountain Topper.
W2TAC

AF4HL Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2017 14:45 Send this review to a friend
What a great paddle!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this little gem to throw in a pack with my FT-817ND. These reviews were encouraging, but I was still amazed when the paddle arrived. The feel is terrific, the adjustments are precise, and you can literally stick it anywhere there's a piece of steel to mount on. Works great upside down, sideways and vertical. A wonderful piece of engineering!

K2FI Rating: 5/5 Dec 26, 2016 21:06 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful paddles -- easy to use and small  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I operate strictly portable and mostly QRP, so having a reliable and robust set of iambic paddles is a Goodness. I love these paddles. I've used them with my FT-817nd and my MTR-3b.

Despite the small size, these are robust and easy to use. The magnetic base sticks to my radio so I don't need to hold the paddles in my hand. They're adjustable as well, although I liked the way mine worked right out of the box. It's all shipped in a good solid plastic box; very convenient for travel and holding adapters and spare cables. The only (very minor) issue is the micro plug on one end of the cable -- you can't just go out and get a replacement cable at your local Rat Shack or Target. But that's so minor that I'm still giving the Pico Paddle a solid 5.

K7QQH Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2016 11:01 Send this review to a friend
A Great Little Paddle  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hello All--

I wholeheartedly agree with the positive comments from the other reviewers. This little paddle performs very well as a QRP traveler or in my mobile set up. It's small, but easy to handle and travel with. A great design and well made.

73's,

Roger C.
K7QQH

PF5X Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2016 03:45 Send this review to a friend
Small indeed and super portable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After connecting the paddle, I did some quick/rough alignment, and tried it (magnets are really helpful/necessary). I am surprised the paddle, despite its light weight and ABS materials, has still a very distinct and fairly hard touch feeling (I like that better than the soft touch). So I am very satisfied and of course the portability with the travel case (or even without) is unsurpassed !
Quick order process. This is obviously a project of fellow amateurs who care about CW. Good communication and speedy delivery process.

DJ3UN Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2016 07:39 Send this review to a friend
Awesome  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was afraid it's going to be too small but I'm very happy that I ordered it in the end. I liked it from the start - the way it was shipped and plastic box it came in, which is super useful for bunch of other stuff, to the way it was done and implemented. It's from the very first moment visible that it was done by someone who is really using it and who knows how the feeling should be like.

CX7CW Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2016 12:58 Send this review to a friend
Terrific  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed a small key for portable use, but I thought this was so small it could not possibly perform well. I was wrong, this is a really great key and a blast to use!

Get one, you will be amazed and very happy!

R2ABT Rating: 5/5 Jan 20, 2016 13:05 Send this review to a friend
Appreciate  Time owned: more than 12 months
Flawless. Nice looking. Convinient both at home and outdoors. Cons? So far so good!

73! Peter R2ABT

K1TWH Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2015 09:19 Send this review to a friend
Small & great touch  Time owned: more than 12 months
I normally use a single paddle, but the fit and finish of this mini iambic paddle is terrific, and it quickly became my favorite.

K4TIN Rating: 5/5 Sep 27, 2015 19:46 Send this review to a friend
Right Good!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
It's small size might lead some to believe it's a toy, but I would argue otherwise. Mine's mounted on my gooseneck--just with rubber bands so far. Works great and fully adjustable--Germans make good stuff!