Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | Alpin 200 Help

Reviews Summary for Alpin 200
Alpin 200 Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $3,500
Description: 2k HF AMPLIFIER
More info: http://www.alpinamplifier.com

You can write your own review of the Alpin 200.

LZ4TX Rating: 5/5 Jul 18, 2016 07:27 Send this review to a friend
Battle tank  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the first ALPIN Veselin made with 2GU74B. I have been using the amp for close to 14 years, participating in lot of contests.Last JIDX 2015
2nd. place.Last ARRL-10m 2015 3rd. place.Last CQWPX
cw 2016 28Mz. high power ass. 1 place.No any problems at all.
Thanks Veselin i know that next linear you building with one
GU84B for me will be next my battle tank.
Sorry that i have to sale the first one, but no need two perfect amplifiers.One ALPIN is OK for me.Only your prices are real.All this i can say after more then 13 years use.
73! good luck to you.TODOR- LZ4TX

G0OQQ Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2014 12:48 Send this review to a friend
18 months...perfect !  Time owned: more than 12 months
Thought I would post a second review after 18 months of Contest/Ragchew style of operating.with approx 700 hrs of operating in this time.its been so easy to use I have a "Cheat Sheet" I use for different Band settings which allows for easy instant Band changing.The "Power Output" reading on the Display is almost identical to my Array Solutions "Powermaster2"so quite accurate.to sum up I would buy another Alpin 200 tomorrow without hesitation..!
PS...I have posted a Video on "YouTube"with Display parameters ,output,etc Well worth a look.
Finally... The price in the first review should be ús.. So in $s the price is around $5000...

IZ3KIF Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2013 09:47 Send this review to a friend
Great Amplifier  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi Guys!
I have about 3 years this fantastic amplifier.The my experience is that I would not exchange with any other PA. Very high performance in all bands and power
output exceeds far beyond that declared ..... 2800W at 10m. with 55-60w input hi! Super-ventilated never exceeds 55 ░ degrees in the contest.
I had the pleasure of knowing Veselin Manolov LZ1HD from HAMRADIO in Germany and I congratulate him for the quick assistance when I needed it ..... any day now and is always available in skype.
I have no doubt buy another one immediately Alpin.
73 Rony
IZ3KIF
One of 3B9EME

N2WQ Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2013 09:07 Send this review to a friend
Contester's dream  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have been using the amp for close to a year, participating in a few contests, both CW and RTTY. The amp is simply amazing- plenty of output power, near-QSK T/R switching, and pretty quiet for the power it delivers. Even though this is a manual tune amp, tuning is very fast and predictable due to the built-in tuning indicator. I can change bands in just a few seconds.

The amp delivers full legal power with approximately 30W of drive power. It runs cool and because the exhaust air stays around 57C degrees the fan runs at a very low speed and is barely audible, not at all when using headphones.

The web site, http://www.alpinamplifier.com/ , includes reviews published in UK and DL publications.

Veselin, the owner, is always available over email or via Skype for advice or assistance.

Rudy N2WQ

NK2F Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2013 15:25 Send this review to a friend
Love it!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I am a contester and from my view point reliability is very important. I have used the amp duding several 48-hour contests, including RTTY ones, where there were no issues of any kind. Amp runs cool at full 1500W (with plenty of headroom) and the fan is running mostly at low speed so the shack stays quiet. The tuning indicator is indispensable, making tuning a breeze as well as idiot proof.

Very solid construction, inside and out, very high grade and power components, and excellent cabinet finish.

Highly recommended!

ZS5J Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2013 13:14 Send this review to a friend
A.K.A The beast  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a large, heavy and very capable amplifier. It has some Acom heritage - the owner was an Acom founder. It uses the same pair of tubes as the Acom 2000 A ( 2 x GU74B ), and it uses intuitive manual tuning - very similar to the Acom 1000 A. It takes a few seconds to tune, with the LCD indicator using arrows to show the direction to adjust the loading. I made up a "cheat sheet", showing the values for each band. Using this cheat sheet, It often needs no further tuning - when changing bands, just adjust to the values in the cheat sheet, and it is usually spot on.

It has two antenna ports, I usually have my dummy load in one of the antenna sockets, and my SteppIR in the second. With the push of a button, I can move to the dummy load, and then back to the antenna.

These amplifiers are built just a few miles away from the Acom factory in Sofia, Bulgaria. When I tested it into a dummy load, it effortlessly and quickly went well beyond 2.5 KW, with about 60 watts drive. With 25 watts drive, it typically yields more than 1 KW out, so plenty of headroom.

I bought this amp from ML&S in London - the UK dealer, a few weeks ago, and can highly recommend it to anyone looking for a new HF amplifier.

Brett made a very good youtube video, showing the features of this amplifier. You can view it here :

John ZS5J