Reviews Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur HF+6M+VHF+UHF models - not QRP <5W | Yaesu FTdx-1200 Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu FTdx-1200
Yaesu FTdx-1200 Reviews: 109 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $$1879
Description: The FT DX 1200 provides up to 100 Watts on SSB, CW, and FM
(25 Watts AM carrier) and a rugged state of the art highly
balanced receiver circuit configuration for top performance
on today’s crowded bands. Similar to the high end “YAESU FT
DX” series, it uses 32-bit high speed floating point DSP.
Yaesu’s acclaimed superior DSP algorithm is highly effective
in weak signal processing and enhancement. The 1st IF
frequency is protected by selectable 3 kHz, 6 kHz and 15 kHz
roofing filters that effectively attenuate interfering
signals.

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FTdx-1200.

DL7ALM Rating: 4/5 Nov 7, 2016 00:20 Send this review to a friend
Nice radio -but sound muted :-(  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
After using my FT-DX 1200 for a couple of months in working DX an contesting I am very satisfied with this radio. A good buy for small money...

But I noticed that my audio is muted using the built-in speaker. Everything is fine with my headphones plugged in.

Jumping through the MODEs doesn't bring back my audio. Any suggestions what helps? Does YAESU already know the problem and have a way to solve it?

HB3YPG Rating: 5/5 Oct 21, 2016 06:59 Send this review to a friend
Very Good transceiver, Très bon émetteur-récepteur  Time owned: more than 12 months
From my part the Yeasu FTDX-1200 is for the price 1'200 euros one best actually in the market. Good filter, the power give 100W

K6MJR Rating: 4/5 Oct 20, 2016 18:09 Send this review to a friend
Good Value  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Highly recommend installing the FFT board and updating the rig with the latest firmware. The multi-color FFT waterfall is helpful. "Part-time" Band scope has limited usefulness. Rig does have good ergonomics. There really is no "VFO-B", it is only used for "Split" operation. Receiver is quite sensitive and quiet. DSP noise reduction algorithm is a bit aggressive, even at Step 1. I prefer the DSP ANR in the FT-950. I am considering G4HUP's "PAT" board which will permit a full time pan-adapter tap off the 40mhz IF. I have not had any of the "muting" issues described in previous posts. I recommend doing full reset, that may very well take care of it. Overall the rig is a very good value and compromise for the casual operator like myself.

M6HQB Rating: 0/5 Oct 8, 2016 01:25 Send this review to a friend
sound mutes  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Seems to be having same problem as VK4MAD, sound mutes on release of ptt on transmit. I have to scroll through mode button back to ssb or turn on and off the radio to restore sound . Only a couple of weeks old from new.There seems to be a number of these reports on google search. waiting to hear from Yaesu.

KE8CIQ Rating: 5/5 Sep 23, 2016 10:09 Send this review to a friend
I love it  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I am a new HAM so my opinion might not count for as much as a seasoned HAM but I started out with the 1200 and I love it. It is easy to use, fun to play with all the features and packs a real punch. I didn't trust the antenna tuner at first so I bought a separate unit but since have come to trust it. It makes things so much easier. I wish it displayed the SWR as part of the tuner but as I said, I'm learning to trust it.

KG5ABW Rating: 5/5 Sep 23, 2016 05:38 Send this review to a friend
KG5ABW  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the FTDX1200, FTDX3000, and a FTDX5000MP LiMITED.
ALL three radios have their own unique features and I am pleased
with each of them. I would buy them again if I had to.

VK4MAD Rating: 2/5 Sep 11, 2016 14:55 Send this review to a friend
Help !!!!!!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Unpacked my 1200 yesterday, turned it on, half way through a local qso, when i released the ptt button on the hand mic the audio muted. I had to scroll through the modes to get back to LSB, and the audio came back.Not using an external speaker.
Squelch was fully opened.Has anyone had this issue
Thanks in advance
Wayne VK4MAD

AK4TW Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2016 20:10 Send this review to a friend
Exellent Rig  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just got this rig a little over a week ago and so far I love it. The menu is easy and straight forward it has been a pleasure to operate with. Good reports so far with the stock hand mic after working some DX and having a couple of QSOs with folks who know how I usually sound on HF. Looking forward to cooler weather and some band openings .

PY1NK Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2016 15:06 Send this review to a friend
Excelente for price  Time owned: more than 12 months
I really enjoyed the CW decoder. At the reception the DSP is excellent. The audio in TX and RX are also great. The distribution of the controls on the panel and TFT display setting greatly facilitate the operation DX. Excellent radio including price.

LU9EMI Rating: 5/5 Jul 20, 2016 11:23 Send this review to a friend
Very good transceiver  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had one of this wonderful transceiver. The reception is very good. Solid construction and a excellent DSP. Get one and you will not disappointed.